Her Own Mission(unedited)

I made a new cover. Please look at it. I know it's kind of simple, but I like it. It turned out better than I thought it would. Happy reading!

.......................................................................................................

I was exhausted the next morning. Apollo and I had stayed up till nearly three in the morning and I woke up at seven. I barely got four hours of sleep because I tossed and turned after Apollo left my room. I ate breakfast mechanically as I thought of the night before. Apollo had been demanding and controlling. He didn't even think about what I wanted to do half the time. I knew I would have bruises that morning, and I did.

The bruises flawed my perfectly smooth pale skin. They were bright purples and blues and yellows. It hurt to touch any of them and the jammed finger I recieved the night before hurt to bend at all. My whole body was sore and ached with a thousand pains. My oatmeal tasted bland and boring, but I didn't mind. Nothing was running through my mind but him, Apollo.

I wandered around the castle for a while. I knew that if I wasn't doing anything I'd run back to Apollo. He was probably busy working, and I didn't want to bother him. He needed to work, and I probably should have been working, but I didn't want to. I didn't want to go talk to the king and get another job to go spy on someone else. I didn't think it was right, now that I had done it, to peek into someone else's privacy. It just was like stealing someone's main right away from them.

Eventually I had to go back to my king's office to speak to him. Otherwise I would have been hunted down and brought to him. I took a deep breath and pushed the king's office door open. Inside King Riley was sitting at his desk reading and signing papers of great importantance. He looked up at me above the rims of his reading glasses. I'm sure he never even needed those stupid reading glasses. They just made him look older, like his dead father.

"I was wondering when you would show up," King Riley returned his eyes to the paper he had been reading.

"Well, I'm here now, and I would like to put in a job resignation," I said as I watched my king's expression turn from boredom to shock in a split second.

"You can't. Now that you are a spy you are always a spy till you are too old to ride a horse or run," the king's strict voice said, he was now standing watching my every move like a predator, like Apollo was last night.

"All men are the same, cruel, murderous, strict, and stupid. They don't understand anything of this world. I'll be leaving now, thank you for the training I have received and the room you locked me in last night," I turned and walked out, my long brown hair flowed behind me, falling out of its messy braid.

"You will not be leaving without a fight," the king threatened.

I didn't stop walking. I could hear King Riley calling after me, and the sound of the the sirens going off in the castle. He didn't want me to leave, he must think I was becoming a traitor, or I knew things that I wasn't telling him. He wanted me caught, but now I knew how to hide thanks to the training I received very little of. I didn't take me long to lose the very little guards that were sent after me.

I was able to climb out one of the second story windows and out onto the roof of the stables. I could hear the cries of the horses below as I landed with a crash onto the roof of the stables. It was loud enough I'm sure I alerted the surrounding guards. I had to move quick. I gripped the edge of the roof and swung myself into the stables. Inside the horses stared at me with wide, frightened eyes. I told them everything was alright ang they calmed down. I ran to Haven's stall and unlocked the stall.