A New Journey(unedited)

Rylin didn't stop talking as he walked me to my new room. He had told me all about what had happened after I had left and how the guards had responded after King Johnathon had simply let me go. They hadn't been happy about their king letting a potential threat get away. He also had mentioned that my new room would be directly across from his room. He was so peppy and hyper, I was starting to think he was hoping I would come back after I had left before.

            "Thank you for everything you've done. Heck, I'd buried six feet under right now if it wasn't for you," I smiled and thanked Rylin.

            "It's a pleasure to help a young lady like yourself. I'd do it again any day," he smiled back and pulled me into a hug.

            I stood there shocked for a second, I could feel his soft breath on my neck as he buried his face in my long hair. I felt nice to be in his arms, much nicer than it had felt in Apollo's arms. Rylin's body was smooth and his emerald green high wizard's robe was soft and velvetly. Everything about him from his scruffy mousy brown hair to his soft chocolate brown eyes to his pale skin told me to trust him. And I did.

            He walked me into my room and I gasped. It was much larger than my small dorm room at King Riley's castle. It had a huge queen sized bed with green velvet sheets and comforter. The feather pillows' cases were made of soft red material. A light cream-colored wooden wardrobe was pressed against the wall across from the end of the queen bed. A door with viney carvings led to a side bathroom and huge window was framed in the wall above the bed along with a full-body mirror beside the giant wardrobe. The fluffy brown carpetting and the lighter colored brown wallpaper brought the room together.

            "The room's so big, this surely isn't my room, is it?," I asked Rylin nervously, maybe he had walked into the wrong room.

            "Yup, this is you room," Rylin grinned and handed me a bronze key to that unlocked the room.

            "Thank you again. This is more than I've ever had in my life," I whispered, I felt like crying but I didn't want Rylin to see me crying.

            "No problem, giving you this room was the king's choice. You should thank him for the room, not me. Oh, and by the way, my room is just across from this one. So if you have any questions, or you start to feel lonely, I'm just across the hall," he smiled again and waved to me, then I was alone in my new room.

            It really was a big room. Everything was three times the size as it had been at the Heroine castle. I had never even realized there were rooms this large used by normal people like me. I opened the wardrobe half hoping it was empty, I didn't want to be a burden to my new king. It was far from empty when it swung open. Inside were hundreds of outfits and dresses of all shades, except for pale blue. Many of the dresses had golden fringe on the long sleeves or on the hem of the one layer dress.

            Not many of the dresses were more than two layers. They all looked like something I'd wear out into town and not look above many of the people wandering around the market. The king probably was thinking of that when he had the maids stock the wardrobe for me. They were all way too big for me, though. I would have to call the seamstress to fix the dresses to fit my body.

            I walked into the bathroom with a velvet green dress in my hands. The bathroom looked almost half the size the room was. It had a clawfoot tub and a glassed in shower. Two sinks were lined by counter space next to a cabinet with towels and washclothes of various shades of green. The marble counter was cool under my touch and bright colored gems were powdered into grains and sprinkled right under the surface of the top layer of light colored white marble.