Chapter 2

"Boss, The girl left the room and the dad followed her," reports Sam from his sniper position.

"Boss she might of left through the back," says Ed.

"Negative," reports Jules, "Im back here and she hasnt shown."

"The girl's still in there and we have to proceed with caution, suspect is level red," Greg watches the windows of the house for any sign of the girl's whereabouts.

"Boss, I see him," Jules speaks as she looks through her scope into the house, "He's looking for the girl.

"She's hiding from him," Greg gave the girl cudos for her smart thinking.

"We need to get in there," Ed informs.

Greg takes a deep breath then looks over at Ed. Since the whereabouts of the girl were unknown they couldn't go in blindly incase she became a casualty. They didnt want to jeopardize her safety.

"Alright Eddie move in and get ready to enter the house I'm going to figure out where Alice is," Greg orders, "I need a cell number for Alice Warner."

"Ok I got one right here," Winnie sends its over to Greg's phone.

Greg dials the number and hopes that Alice would pick up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My breathing was quiet and the only sounds I could hear was the beating of my heart. I didnt know where Dad had gone and I didnt want to take a chance. I feel my phone vibrate and I pull it out. I hold my breath as I answer it.

"Hello?" I whisper.

"Alice this is Greg Parker again, I'm trying to figure out where you are," he says.

"I'm in a closet just inside the backdoor," I inform him," so if you come in the front door I'm straight ahead and a little to the left when you reach the backroom.

"Alright thank you Alice," he says, "I'm going to send in a team to get you out ok."

"Dad is still armed and if he finds me I'm dead," I feel tears start to stream down my face "please get me out of here."

"My team will get you out," Greg assues me.

"Thank you," I let out a huge sigh of relief, then the closet door swings open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right before Greg hangs up he hears Alice's scream followed by the shouts of her father through the phone. Then from the house he hears a gunshot fired

"Stand down!" he yells.

"Everyone hold position," orders Ed.

"What's the situation!" Sam calls.

The front door to the house flies open and David walks out holding Alice by her hair. The gun was right up against the girl's head. Alice was struggling to get free of her captor's grasp. She was pleading with him to let her go.

"You come in here and the girl dies!" David shouts at the officers.

"David, I'm Greg Parker, "he calls out, "we want to help you!"

"I will shoot her unless you leave us alone!" David pulls Alice up and the girl cries out in pain.

"Sam," Ed says as he stairs down his scope at David.

"I have the solution," replies Sam.

"Please let me go I didn't do anything," they hear Alice begging, "Please!"