Prologue

"I don't wanna go," Kit told her as she placed the bag full of clothes beside the door.

     His mom just opened the front door, "You're going Kit, we've already discussed this. It's just 2 months," She told him.

     This was stupid to him, he didn't want to go to a camp, "When is the bus gonna be here?" He asked her and she shrugged, "Your dad is going to take you."

     Kit's dad came down the stairs and saw them by the door, "Are we going now?" He asked and his wife nodded.

     "Can you take Kit now? You have to be at the community center in 15 minutes," Kit's mom told his dad and Kit sighed.

     "Ready Kit?" He heard his dad ask, "Let's just get this over with," Kit grumbled, not wanting to go to the camp.

     They both got in the car and Kit sighed, "Why am I going to the camp again?" He asked, annoyed.

     "Just do what your mom says, it's just 2 months," He said, repeating what Kit's mom had said earlier.

     When they got to the community center, there were a bunch of other kids there already, "Great..." Kit said sarcastically.

     "It'll be fine, come on." His dad said, getting out of the car and grabbing the bag that was full of Kit's stuff.

     He went up to an adult with a T-Shirt that said 'Camp Hyacinth', "Hi! And you are?" She asked, holding a clipboard.

     "Kit Mayes?" His dad said and the lady searched the clipboard multiple times before stopping her pen.

     "Kitson?" She questioned, looking between Kit and his dad.

     "Yes, sorry," He apologized.

     The lady smiled and scribbled something down, "Alrighty, could you just stand over there with the other kids?"

     Looking at his dad, annoyed, Kit spoke, "See ya," His dad just gave him his bag, "I'll be back Kit." He said ruffling his son's hair.

     Going over to the crowd of kids, Kit sat on the curb under some shade. The other kids were talking to each other and seemed happy to be going.

     At his side, there was a kid with a handheld console. He looked bored while chewing on some gum.

     He seemed to know Kit was looking at him because he looked up and turned straight towards him. Not saying anything, he blew a bubble at Kit, "Yes?" He asked sarcastically.

     "Nothing," Kit said and looked at his bag, "When does this bus even start moving?" He asked no one but the boy answered, "Around 4."

     Kit pulled out his phone, checking the time, '3:47', "Great," He sighed and heard a chuckle come from the kid next to him, "What?" He asked, confused.

     "Nothing," The kid mocked, laughing while still chewing on the gum loudly.

     "Do you have more?" Kit asked and he looked at him confused,

     He pointed to the bubble he was blowing, "Gum."

     Quickly he nodded, popping the bubble before searching his bag, "Here." He said, holding out a stick of gum for Kit.

     "I'm Kit by the way," He introduced himself, scooting closer to him and waiting for him to introduce himself too.

     For a second he sighed, "Kim," He said, seeming annoyed with his name, but Kit only chewed on the gum.