Chapter 1

"Hello, I'm Mitch and I'll be your camp counselor for the summer," An older guy told the 2 boys, he wasn't as old as Mr. Jared, he seemed like he was newly in college.

     He looked at Kim and stared for a moment, "I feel like I've seen you before...but not you too."

     "I swear- if it's because I look like Mr. Jared-" Kim started to say, sounding annoyed at the accusation.

     Mitch smiled and snapped his finger to be pointing at Kim, "Yup, that's who you remind me of."

     "Why don't we have any other cabin mates?" Kim asked, trying to dismiss the conversation, crossing his legs while on the bed, shoes still on.

     Kit tried not to cringe at the fact he saw dirt on the bottom of Kim's shoes that was not gonna be in his bed.

     "Last ones in that group means that you have the last cabin that was allotted for that age group," Mitch explained.

     "They put us into age groups?" Kit whispered to Kim, who sat next to him on the bottom bunk.

     Quietly Kim nodded, "Wanting us to bond with each other or something. Only sometimes will they mix ages, Kit."

     "That and we've had one too many fights between middle schoolers and high schoolers when rooming together," Mitch added.

     "Do you also sleep here with us?" Kit asked, confused as to how camp worked in the first place.

     Kim sighed while Mitch nodded, "I'm gonna be honest, I don't have any rules. Just don't go setting the place on fire and we're alright."

     "How are you with electronics?" Kit asked and saw Kim shooting him a glare.

     Mitch shrugged, "Well I don't care, but you do have to hand them over.

     Kit sighed, holding his phone out, giving in without a fight, "There's no real reception out here anyway." Mitch told him

     After Mitch got the phone they both looked at Kim, "What?" He asked, shrugging.

     "Come on kid, I know you have something on you." Mitch held out his hand, waiting for any kind of device.

     Sighing, Kim handed over the handheld they were playing with on the bus, "Great, now we have to go out to the fire pit."

     Kim got up and grumbled, "Better have enough marshmallows." Before going outside.

     Quickly Kit also got up from the bed and followed Kim outside, Mitch closing the cabin door behind them.

     There wasn't a 'walk' to the fire pit, it was maybe about 2 cabins away from them, along with the eating hall.

     "So what usually happens at the fire pit?" Kit asked, looking back and forth between Kim and Mitch.

     Mitch answered when Kim looked bored, "Mostly just hanging out, sometimes talking about events. Every once in a while we stay out longer to see the stars or watch a movie."

     "It sounds nice here," Kit happily spoke, now excited to see what camp was actually like, a 180 from when he was forced into it.

     Since he was already there, he might as well have fun before going home and telling his mom how crappy it was.

     "Trust me, you'll like it. I'm sure Kimberly has had some good times even if he doesn't like it." Mitch snickered at Kim.

     "Don't call me Kimberly." Kim snapped, glaring at Mitch.