Chapter 12: Bow Down

Zhou Mao Cheng knew nothing about the undercurrent between Lin Wei Xi and Gu Cheng Yao. He was still enthusiastically pulling Gu Cheng Yao and told him how delicate Lin Wei Xi's body was and how she was tortured in the whole journey. Yan Wang invited all the doctors in a radius of ten miles, on top of that, in order to take care of Lin Wei Xi, he went to the city to pick a maid for her.

Gu Cheng Yao was surprised when he heard this: "Father actually chose the maid himself?"

"Yes." Zhou Mao Cheng had a complicated expression. Let alone Gu Cheng Yao, even he who had been with Wangye for more than ten years felt strange when he saw this scene.

Gu Cheng Yao turned his head and glanced at Lin Wei Xi. Unlike a moment before, his eyes were much more complicated this time. Lin Wei Xi was not afraid of the other's inquiring gaze. On the contrary, she was more concerned about another thing. Why did she feel that Gu Cheng Yao's eyes just now vaguely reveal a little envy?

Lin Wei Xi thought afterwards, although Gu Cheng Yao was the only son of Yan Wang, he did not spend much time with him. Yan Wang spent half his life in the army, fighting south and north, even the children on the street could said a lot about his military successes, but he didn't spent much time in Yan Wang Mansion, and there even less time for Gu Cheng Yao.

When Zhou Mao Cheng saw Gu Cheng Yao fell silent, he realized it after another thought. He sighed in his heart, pretending to be relaxed and said: "The wars in various places have been resolved, and there will be no more troubles in the future. There's no need for Wangye to go out. This time Wangye enter the capital surely it will be peaceful for a long time."

The previous emperor was alone on his deathbed, and the new emperor was young, the capital could not be left unattended. If it weren't for the serious rebellion in the Northwest last time, and the new dynasty need to quickly put it down and deter the whole world, Yan Wang didn't need to personally lead the army for battle. However, this time after the victory over Duo Huo La Ti tribe was spread, afraid that for a long time no one dared to challenge the authority of Yan Wang and the country.

Gu Cheng Yao was relieved at the thought of this. It was really rare to be in the same house with his father for a long period of time.

At this time, Gao Ran already dealt with the matter and returned. She walked a little eagerly. When she saw Gu Cheng Yao standing in the middle of the courtyard and Lin Wei Xi was not far from him, Gao Ran's pupils suddenly shrank.

Gao Ran smiled calmly, full of laugh greeted Gu Cheng Yao, and then naturally stood next to Gu Cheng Yao with the hostess attitude. Lin Wei Xi couldn't help but sneered when she saw this, she felt disdainful in her heart, and her face inevitably became indifference and nonchalant.

Zhou Mao Cheng came in with Gu Cheng Yao. He came in mainly for Lin Wei Xi. Now he had seen her and Shizi Consort already returned. Zhou Mao Cheng, as an outside man who could not stay in the inner house, left immediately.

After Zhou Mao Cheng left, there were only three of them in the courtyard. For some reason, the servants suddenly felt an unspeakable depression.

It was strange, Shizi and Shizi Consort loved each other deeply. Although Miss Lin was an outsider, but today was the first time she came to the mansion, and she had no old grudges. Why was the atmosphere suddenly tense?

It was Gu Cheng Yao who acted first. He was a man, and today Yan Wang entered the capital, the outer courtyard had plenty matters that need his attention. Gu Cheng Yao sent the womenfolk into the house and left. Gao Ran dropped the guests and quickly chased outside. Lin Wei Xi watched Gu Cheng Yao and Gao Ran spoke softly to each other through the partition screen. The two stood very close, whispering, Gao Ran always looked at Gu Cheng Yao tenderly. Before he left, Gao Ran gently stretched out her hand to brush the dust off Gu Cheng Yao's shoulder.