Chapter 69: Adultery

Willow branches sprout with furry green fine buds. The mansion's garden paid attention to flowers in all seasons. When the spring comes, magnolia, Chinese rose, peaches and plums would compete with each other to bloom, and the garden would become more vibrant. When walking on the corridor of Yan Wang Mansion, bright and gentle flowers and green leaves were scattered around, as far as eyes could see were the deep blossoms and nothing more beautiful could be imagined.

As usual, Gao Ran packed up early in the morning and took the maid to Lin Wei Xi's courtyard. The scenery on the way to the main courtyard was particularly good. Jingcheng Courtyard was full of busy and orderly vitality. The maidservants in the corridor were busy but not chaotic. The girl sweeping in the garden saw Gao Ran, and quickly put down the broom to salute: "Shizi Consort."

Gao Ran gave a faint "um" and continued walking inside. Wan Xing saw Gao Ran outside, opened the curtain on the door, increased her voice and shouted inside: "Shizi Consort is here."

When winter returns to spring, the door curtain of the main house was also replaced with light and bright colored glass beads. Gao Ran bowed her head slightly and entered the room, behind her came a clanging sound. The colorful glass beads collided together, and the sound was clear and pleasant.

"Mother."

Lin Wei Xi was standing in front of the window cutting flowers. Hearing the sound, she glanced back casually: "Shizi Consort is here."

Gao Ran answered, and then squatted down to greet Lin Wei Xi. Lin Wei Xi clipped the scissors a few more times and looked around, finally satisfied. Wan Yue, who was standing at the side, immediately took the vase and placed it in front of the screen between the central room and the west room. Lin Wei Xi put down the scissors, handed the knives and remaining branches to the maid to clean up, and walked toward the hall by herself: "You don't have to be polite, Shizi Consort should get up."

Gao Ran stood up and slowly followed Lin Wei Xi's back. Lin Wei Xi sat on the armchair in the hall, the maid brought warm water, half kneeling in front of Lin Wei Xi so Lin Wei Xi could wash her hands. Lin Wei Xi carefully soaked the mud-stained fingers in the water. She was about to take out her hand from the water, and Gao Ran had already taken the maid's job and handed the white kerchief to Lin Wei Xi's hand.

Gao Ran's vision for serving people was as good as ever. Lin Wei Xi wiped her hands dry and said, "There are also a lot of things in Qingsong Garden. If Shizi Consort is too busy, you don't have to come to pay respect to me every day, just send someone over to say the words to me."

"I don't dare." Gao Ran said with her eyes down, "It is an honor for daughter-in-law to serve her mother-in-law. How can this daughter-in-law be absent?

Lin Wei Xi gently ticked her lower lip, and said nothing about it. In fact, Lin Wei Xi had mentioned this a few times, but Gao Ran still had to come over and acted out a filial child. Since she was willing to find trouble for herself, then let her be.

Anyway, the person who stood all day was not Lin Wei Xi.

Gao Ran followed Lin Wei Xi as usual. What Lin Wei Xi needed, she sometimes took it before the maid. After a while, Lin Wei Xi talked about making new clothes for the servants of the palace. Ning Fu took advantage of the gap and said: "Speaking of cutting new clothes, actually it will be Shizi Consort's birthday in a few days."

"Oh?" Wan Xing answered in surprise, "Shizi Consort's birthday is coming?"

"Yes, it's on the 30th of the third month."

After Ning Fu finished speaking, Gao Ran glanced at her reproachfully: "Ning Fu, don't talk nonsense."

Lin Wei Xi actually knew Gao Ran's birthday, but she should say something courteously: "It turned out to be on the thirtieth, so it's very close to today, and there are not many days left."