Its not okay.

It'd been four days since the incident at the Garrison. Cora had spent two of those four days in bed, and the other completely wide awake and doing everyone's head in.

Her pupils were dilated and she had purple bags under her eyes to go with the pale skin, making her look almost dead. She was pacing the corridor of the Small Heath Shelby house, creaking the floorboards.

"Shut the fuck up!" Moaned Arthur.

"WHOS MAKING THAT NOISE?"

"I'm trying to sleep!" Said a variation of other Shelby family members.

She liked the pattern creaking the boards made, it was a silly noise, she thought.

Auntie Ada, Cora's beloved came out of her room. "Ello love. Still not sleepy?"

"Nuh uh. I wanted to go to the park but no one will take me."

Ada chuckled at how ridiculous her niece could be, "That might be to do with the fact it's 2 o'clock in the morning sweetpea."

"So?"

"Well most people- th" she was interrupted.

Cora looked up innocently, instead of at the floorboards, "Am I most people?"

Ada couldn't argue with that. No counter, Cora was definitely special- or as Tommy preferred to label her, 'Unique.' "Do you want to atleast try to sleep?"

"They said not to. They said I'm at power with no sleep. And besides, making a rhythm with the floorboards is fun. You can make them do any rhythm you want!" Cora spoke with such passion about making a beat out of creaks... oddling.

Ada's jaw hit the floor. "Who's they? What power? And... don't you have other hobbies? TOMMY!"

Cora continued creaking and Tommy came out of his room in a vest and boxers, he looked like he hadn't slept much either. He had a bewildered expression on his perfect face, "Cora. How are you still up baby?"

She had completely tuned out from reality and was simply hopping about, floorboard to floorboard.

"Don't ignore me. Go to bed."

Cora, in a complete world of her own further continued to disregard her fathers words. She looked to be having a blast.

"CORA JOSIE SHELBY!"

She jumped a little bit and started crying from shock.

"For fucks sake..." Thomas picked his daughter up and put her on her bed, which he sat at the end of. "I'm sorry for making you cry....I... that was never my intention- but if you could please stop now" Cora did infact, not stop crying. "Baby... There's no need to cry. Do you think you could try sleeping?" He wondered if Cora could even hear him over her wails.

Eventually and breathlessly, she forced out "Ill lose the lanky boy if I go to sleep. The lanky boy speaks Gypsy like us!"

"Come again?" He had become increasingly worried.