Slow descent.

Ada was beyond furious. Far beyond. Out of the kindness of her own heart, she took Little Cora to ride horses and to drink tea because she pitied her.

They sat down in Curlys yard, and drank their quite frankly fetid tea with their pinky fingers sticking out, then Ada turned very serious. "Listen to me, alright? Don't let anyone ever make you feel inadequate- you are fine the way you are. And you tell your Dad that next time he cancels on you Ada will come and sort him out, eh?"

Cora perked up, "You're my best friend." It was nice to see her a little perky, recently she'd felt a little bit sick, a little bit out of sorts. She wasn't going to tell anyone though, she'd heard Pol whisper about how much of a burden she was already.  Being the good hearted and sweet little girl she was, she never wanted to add unnecessary stress and pressure to anyone if she could avoid it and the last person she wanted to upset was Aunt Pol.

"You're too sweet."

Cora clocked on to the sound of a gun being reloaded by curly, he was going to shoot pheasants. However, Cora wasn't aware and panic arose in her chest. She smashed the cup of tea and started to breathe heavily.

Ada knew what was about to happen. "Fuck."

Feeling under the weather and nervous wasn't a good combination, especially not for the youngest Shelby.

Just like that, she flipped.

She got under the table, rocking herself back and forth, beads of sweat dripping down her forehead as she panted to soothe herself- that attempt wasn't as successful as she'd like to be. Every noise scratched at her brain, and every noise was sharp and painful. The stray animals, dogs and rabbits were off. She saw them to be ten foot tall with terrible teeth and shiny glowing eyes- she felt like she was dying.

"Hm Hm Hm Hm Hm Hm Hm..." she went, "Not real. In my head." The more she said it, the realer her delusions and hallucinations came. A gruesome and rough voice howled in her ears, "Cora listen to me. You need to get rid of the problem. And to do that you have to get to the root. Auntie Ada. If you don't get her, we will. And it'll hurt her a lot more so do her a justice and let her go peacefully, okay? Good girl."

The young girl picked up a bit of the broken porcelain from the teacup, jagged and rough. Against her better judgement, she went for Ada.

"Hey!" Ada screamed.