5

Astra kicked open a broken window and they all climbed through. She, Rocket, Drax, Gamora, and Groot ran to retrieve their belongings and change out of their prison uniforms, as Quill looked through a window to search for something.

"Yeah! There it is! Get my ship! It's the Milano, the orange and blue one over in the corner."

"They crumpled my pants up into a ball. That's rude! They folded yours!" Rocket was complaining as he found his stuff.

Astra slipped on her jacket and tied her sword belt to her waist, then ran over to where Quill and Gamora were hovering over Quill's stuff.

"The Orb's there. Let's go!" Gamora was instructing.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait..." Quill was digging through his bag.

"What?" Gamora asked impatiently.

"That bastard didn't put it back."

"Put what back?" Gamora queried.

"Oh..." Astra sighed, thinking of the music player.

"Here." Quill lifted his clothes out of the bin they were in and handed his bag to Gamora. "Get them to the ship. I will be right back."

"How are you possibly gonna..." Astra began.

"Just keep the Milano close by. Go!" He ran off in the direction of where they had escaped from.

Astra and Gamora stared after him. Then Astra nudged her sister and pulled her in the direction Groot, Rocket, and Drax had run off to.

"Come on," she said. "It won't be our fault if he kills himself."

***

Rocket was able to work out the Milano's controls easily, and they flew off and circled the prison.

"Well, how's he gonna get to us?" he demanded.

"He declined to share that information with us," Gamora replied.

"Well, screw this, then! I ain't waiting around for some humie with a death wish. You got the Orb, right?"

"Yes." Gamora looked into Quill's bag to make sure.

"If that's the case, then he's right. We should go." Astra agreed with Rocket. "Especially if all he's looking for is a dumb music player."

As she spoke, Gamora's expression changed and she roughly pulled out a wrapper in shock.

"What?"

"It's not there."

It turned out, Quill was a lot smarter than Astra had expected.

"If we don't leave now, we will be blown to bits," Rocket insisted.

"No!" Gamora argued. "We're not leaving without the Orb."

"Behold," said Drax, looking out the left window.

There he was, back in his Ravager outfit, a mask over his head, and jet boots that let him fly through space.

The Milano's hatch opened and Gamora and Drax lifted him into the ship.

"This one shows spirit," said Drax as Quill deactivated his helmet. "He shall make a keen ally in the battle against Ronan. Companion, what were you retrieving?"

Quill handed him his music player.

"I knew it," said Astra.

"You're an imbecile," said Drax.

The Milano flew off into space. Sometime later, Rocket could be seen at the back of the ship assembling something.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Yo! Ranger Rick! What are you doing?" Quill demanded upon seeing what Rocket was doing. "You can't take apart my ship without asking me? See, what is this?" He bent down to pick up one of Rocket's creations.