Chapter Nine: All Yours

[Apologies for the late updates!! I've started school recently so it's been troublesome trying to find time to write, hopefully, this chapter makes up for my absence. Thank you so much for all the support!! <3]

———

     You notice the surrounding rain turn to a soft pitter-patter, a large difference from the previous downpour. Silently, Jonny intertwines his fingers with yours and leads you outside the telephone booth. The walk back to the hotel leaves your heart pounding with anticipation of the night that would soon follow. You notice Jonny begin to pick up his pace, seemingly unable to wait much longer.

By the time you arrive at Jonny's room, you're both out of breath. With shaky hands, Jonny slides the key into the lock and it clicks into place. You awkwardly glance around Jonny's room, purposefully avoiding his gaze as you don't think you'd be able to hold it without melting. His hand wraps around your waist, pulling you together once again. This sudden movement sends shivers down your body and the sensation only grows once your lips touch. Amidst all the kissing, you can't help but notice you still feel warm despite your rain-covered attire. Jonny pulls away to share a battered breath.
"It's only our first date, you know?", you say, in a half attempt to flirt.
"I'm surprised I could hold off this long," he responds, drawing you in once again.
"You're just so perfect." Jonny finishes with a smile.

Eventually, your wet clothes had been tossed haphazardly in a pile on the floor.
You'd originally thought having sex on a first date was premature, but Jonny left you with zero doubts. Everything with him felt right, like it was what you'd always been waiting for. Jonny marveled at the sight of you, and he made sure it was known. Small breaths between kisses were filled with comments about your beauty and how much he liked you. God, he was everything you'd ever dreamt of.

Once you both had finished, you laid down on the bed with him, resting your head against his chest. Jonny threaded his fingers through your hair, combing through it gently.
"Why do you like me?", you ask, turning to face him with a smile.
"Should I list them?"
"Please."
Jonny continues to play with your hair, though looking up at the ceiling as if deep in thought.
"You're beyond beautiful, you're intelligent, I love the way you treat other people, you're witty, you get along with my friends," He lists, counting on his fingers as he continues to stare upwards.
"and I have never once doubted that you're my favorite person." Jonny finishes, unbeknownst to your sheer gratitude. Each reason Jonny lists makes your heart beat faster, nobody had ever taken such appreciation in you. A small tear rolls down your cheek, a result of Jonny's affection. He feels the warmth of the tear against his skin and looks down at you.
"Are you upset? Did I say something wrong?" He questions, holding your face and wiping away the tears that follow.
"I just like you so much," you muster out, not able to truly voice your thoughts.
"I like you too, y/n," Jonny says before pulling you close and kissing your cheek.
"I like you more than I've liked anyone before."

———

After far too much talk of liking each other, you fall asleep in each other's arms. Once again, you struggle to understand how real everything is, how everything has just fallen into place. Just in a handful of weeks, you've convinced yourself that you're in love, completely in love. It felt like every perfect boyfriend scenario you'd dreamt of since you were a little girl. And here you lay, right next to him.

———

When you wake up, you hear the shower running and you notice Jonny has disappeared. Sleepily, you pull yourself out of bed and are reminded of the reality of not having any dry clothes. As a makeshift solution, you pull on your undergarments and grab one of Jonny's shirts, hoping he won't mind. You're busy combing through your messy hair when Jonny exits the bathroom.
"Good, you're up! I felt bad waking you since you looked so peaceful." He says, kissing you on the forehead before rummaging through his luggage to find an outfit.
"I'm in a bit of a predicament," you announce from your side of the room.
"How so?"
"All my clothes are wet, and I can't go to my room half-dressed."
"I'll just go grab them."
"Won't people think it's weird that you're going into my room?"
"I'll just come up with a lie," Jonny shrugs, pulling a t-shirt over his head.
"I suppose that'd be less suspicious than me walking around wearing your clothes."

Jonny finishes getting dressed and bids you goodbye before stepping out into the motel's hallway. The coast seems clear for the time being, so he makes his way towards your bedroom, trying his best to stay inconspicuous. Fidgeting with the room key as he walks, a voice calls out to him.
"Oi Jonny! Morning!" Colin says cheerily as he exits his room.
"Morning Coz," Jonny half mumbles, focusing more on his fidgeting than his brother.
"Wait, what are you doing here? Your room is on the other floor." The older questions, eyeing Jonny suspiciously.
"Oh, y/n asked me to grab something for her, that's all."
"Why couldn't she get it herself?"
"She's just doing something for the tour manager."
"Doing what?"
"Dunno, she didn't say."
"Hm. Okay then, carry on." Colin finishes, giving Jonny a rough pat on the back before leaving. It's clear that he didn't believe everything Jonny had said, but decided to leave it alone. Jonny made it to your room safely, locking the door behind him for good measure. As he approached your bag, he only just now realized that he'd essentially been given free rein to choose your outfit. Awkwardly, Jonny rummaged through your clothes and settled on an outfit he thought you looked pretty in, though he thought you looked pretty in anything.

On his way back from your room, he was lucky enough to have not seen anyone he knew. Once he arrived, you greeted him with a warm smile.
"Thank you again, you really didn't have to."
"It's no problem at all, I'm just glad you have nice clean clothes now." Jonny handed you the outfit he picked while you entered his bathroom to finish getting ready. He waited patiently for you, thumbing through a book as he sat perched on the edge of his bed. A few minutes later, you came back out from the bathroom which grabbed his attention almost immediately. Jonny looked you up and down, his eyes lingering on your beautiful face. He seemed almost at a loss for words.
"You alright?", you ask sheepishly.
"Yeah. I just needed to remember something."
"Remember what?"
"That you're finally all mine," Jonny says, enjoying the phrase's taste on his tongue.
"Oh, stop! You can't be saying stuff like this now, I need to act normal in front of everybody."
"I know, I know, it's just hard to not say something." He says with a slight laugh, standing up and embracing you. Your arms wrap around his neck almost instantly, pulling him in for a kiss. He was right, it was hard to help yourself sometimes.

₊ ♪ ⁺ ✩  ₊  ⁺ ♪  ₊  ⁺ ♬