Chapter Six

When Nico didn't show up for dinner, Will was worried. He hoped that Nico hadn't left. He was hurt at the idea of him leaving without saying goodbye to Will. He was hurt at the idea of him leaving. So he knocked on the Cabin 13 door and entered after two minutes of no reply.

Nico was staring at the ceiling playing disorientingly loud music in his earphones. Will was able to hear bits and pieces of the loud, tinny noise from where he was at the door, he caught one line, 'I'll keep you safe tonight' and then it paused and Nico looked at him for an explanation, "You weren't at dinner."
"I wasn't hungry." He replied. Will knew he wouldn't have been hungry but he missed Nico's presence.
"Well, I got you your energy drink which is absolutely horrid for your health." He said, offering the cold can of Monster to Nico who looked at him, then at it and took it cautiously like something was going to break if he wasn't careful.
"Thanks."
"Ae you feeling okay? Do you want any company?" What he was offering, he knew, was going to hurt him when Nico told him that he was straight. But along with being his crush, Nico was his friend, and this was the first time Nico was sleeping alone in days and he was worried.

If he nodded, Nico knew that it wasn't going to end well for him. He would sleep in one coffin and Will in the other and they would be apart, Will would be across the room and Nico would be dreaming of his lips on his. But he nodded. It was worth the pain to even be near Will. Will was worth the pain.