Chapter Fifteen

Will walked, hand in Nico's, swing their arms a little as they walked. Will talked about anything and everything and Nico listened.

Most of the greek demigods had gone home, trying to give the lives they were meant to have another chance, and the Romans had gone back to Camp Jupiter.

Percy and Annabeth had left for it half an hour ago with Jason and Piper who were going to California. Cecil and Lou had gone to New York for the day and now the camp was mostly deserted. The few people who were there were all at the lava wall or doing chores or having fun. It was officially twelve days after the war.

Nico looked at Will, the way his hair was a golden halo around his head and his ocean eyes sparkled. He really loved him. He loved him with intensity that ensured he would never stop.

"You're staring." He said, looking at Nico with laughter in his eyes and Nico immediately looked down. "I didn't say it wasn't nice." He turned Nico's face up to his, lips a breath apart, "Besides, you have staring rights. You are my boyfriend."

Nico blushed and he didn't feel the need to hide it this time. Will knew how Nico made him feel. Will leaned his head down, the extra space between their lips closing. "I really really like you." He said when they pulled apart.

Will was in love with Nico but he knew it was too soon to tell him that. he didn't want to scare him. Nico had a way of running away from his feelings that made Will sure that if he told him now, Nico would overthink it.

Nico looked at Will, the adoration in his eyes clear, "I should hope so, babe."
Nico knew the affect that word had on Will and watched his boyfriend practically melt. He loved this. He loved having a boyfriend and he loved that his boyfriend was Will and he loved Will. He was scared, though, that Will didn't love him back. It always took people a while to love Nico back.

The campfire that night spelled as amazing as ever but with few people to enjoy it. Cecil and Lou Ellen were back, Cecil's arm around her as she talked excitedly about pig balls, Austin and Kayla were there, sitting with from Nico and Will, and Clarisse from the Ares cabin, Malcom from the Athena cabin and a few others.

None of them stared at Nico or Will. At this point, queer demigods were normal. Chiron had seen thousands grown up, like Achilles and Patroclus. He had watched them and taught them like he now taught Will and Nico, or Cecil and Lou Ellen.

The cold air made Nico shiver a little. Will wasn't wearing a jacket but he did have body heat, so he wrapped his arms around Nico, taking the surprised, blushing Italian into his lap, and held him tight.

Will was comfortably warm and the way his arms were wrapped around Nico made him love Will more if that was even possible. The son of Apollo's voice vibrated in his chest and against Nico's back as he got more comfortable. He liked this. he loved this. He loved this just like he loved anything that Will did. Just like he loved Will.