he's editing

it's currently 7:30 pm and colby has been editing for hours. you are craving cuddles but you don't want to bother him.

"colby"
he has his headphones on so he can't hear you
"colbyy" you wine again
no answer

he looks tired and exhausted because he's been staring at that screen for hours. you finally get up from the bed to sit in his lap on his gaming chair. you're facing him and you drop your head into his shoulder and neck. he immediately stops what he's doing and wraps his arms around you and pulls down his headphones.

"what's wrong baby?" he says as he's rubbing your back
"nothin, i just want you"
"me too but i need to finish my part of this video. we can cuddle when im done"
you sigh into his chest
"20 more minutes okay?" he says stroking the back of your head
"mhm" you hum quietly and slowly start to fall asleep in his grip
"y/n?"
colby realizes you fell asleep, he kisses your head and puts his headphones back on, finishing the edit with you in his lap.

once he's done you can feel him taking off his headphones and carefully reaching over to put them on his desk.
"babe im done we can go cuddle in bed now"
you can hear him but you're too sleepy to respond
he grips his arms under your legs to pick you up, you feel him stand up and start to walk over towards the bed and you feel the soft sheets underneath you as he lays you down carefully. he pulls the covers over you and crawls into bed next to you. he pulls your body closer to him as you roll to face him.

"oh so now you're awake huh"
you giggle and give him a kiss on the cheek
"did you finish the video?" you ask in a sleepy voice
"yep! i'm all yours now. sorry it took longer than expected"
"it's okay" you yawn "it's your job..... can we cuddle now?"
"what kind of question is that?"
he pulls you closer to him and you lay your head on his bare chest. he strokes your head as you fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat

this one's short i'm sorry 😭