insecure

you and colby have been together for several months and managed to hide it for a long time. you recently went public and you're getting hate comments and it's masking you feel some way.

you're laying in bed on your phone looking through comments on colby's post. some comments are good but a lot are attacking you.

"her nose 🤡"
"ew colby can do much better"
"why she so short 💀"
"colby is really dating that??"
"guys colby found a gf let's kill her"

you know you should just ignore them but these comments hit different. "what if they're right?" you thought "what if i'm not good enough for colby?" you say to yourself.

you drop your phone to the ground and start to sob. so hard that you can't breathe. you hear footsteps running up the stairs and colby comes running through the bedroom door.

"babe what's wrong?" he says as he runs to you. he kneels in front of you on the bed and holds your hands. you try to get a word out but can't. at this point you're crying so hard you can't do anything.

"hey look at me." you look up at him "breathe in" you breathe in for 5 seconds "now breathe out" he deep breathes with you until you calmed down a little bit.

"can you tell me what's wrong?" he asks softly. you sigh and shut your eyes tight, trying not to cry again. "cmon babe i can't help you if you don't tell me what's goin on" you touch your forehead to his and he puts one of his hands on your cheek and rubs your cheek with his thumb. "it's okay. take your time." he says in a comforting way.

"so i was reading the comments.." colby cuts you off "ah shit. i knew i should've turned them off." "they made me feel insecure. and i was thinking that they're right."

"right about what?" colby asks "im not good enough for you." you reply. "baby." he looks at you  and his face drops. " why the hell would you think that?" "look at me colby. im ugly." you start to cry again. "you're not ugly y/n. you're the most beautiful girl i've ever laid eyes on. you hear me? don't let random strangers pull you down. i know it's hard but if i could do it you can too. i promise."

"but look at my nose" you whine  "i love your nose." he says then kisses it. "and i love your eyes, your smile, your laugh, your personality, your hair, i love everything about you. you're perfect."

he wipes the few tears rolling down your face. "i'm so sorry you feel this way y/n i can delete the post right now if you want me to" he takes his phone out of his pocket. "no no it's okay. i want those people to feel stupid for posting those comments." you say. "yeah that's my girl!" he says and gives you a high five.

"wanna watch a movie and cuddle, maybe even take a nap?" colby asks. "yes please" you say. colby tackles you into the bed. he tickles you and kisses your neck and you giggle. "there's that smile." he says.

he pulls the covers over you two and you snuggle into him. "i love you y/n" he strokes your head as you fall asleep in his chest.