twenty-six

"Bianca? I'm gonna have to call you back," I scramble for my phone while he watches me.

"What? Why? Is everything oka-"

"I'll just call you back, okay?" Without giving her a chance to respond, I'm hanging up the phone, my eyes on his bloodshot ones, heart racing and hands clammy.

"What...what are you doing here?" For the first time since meeting him, I feel slightly afraid. He laughs, moving away from the pillar and swaying towards the door as he does so.

"Are you drunk?" I hiss, stumbling out of his way as he barges into my house. I'm tempted to stop him, but I don't want to touch him. To let him touch me. He glances around my house, nodding to himself before leaning back against the wall, training his eyes on me once more, sending a chill down my spine.

"You should not be here right now, I have no idea when they're-"

"They'll be gone for a while," He slurs, and I just shake my head, rolling my eyes as I hesitantly close my front door.

"Why are you in my house?" I snap again, crossing my arms over my chest and he just chuckles, eyeing me closely.

"Because I missed you," He states casually, trying to take a step forward but I push him back against the wall, a chill running through me as soon as I touch him. His eyes seem to light up as well at the contact.

"I don't...I don't care if you miss-"

"I love you," He cuts me off, swaying forward and in one quick motion leaning toward me and draping both wrists over my shoulders, his face mere inches from mine. I drink in his scent, minty and musky mixed with the unmistakeable stench of whiskey. I know I should move him off me but I physically can't bring myself to. Some part of me needs him here, the part of me that's been deprived of his touch for weeks now. His touch, his lips...just him.

"I'm not gonna stop telling you, Iris," I gulp at his words as his hazel-yellow eyes pour into mine, "I need you, baby. I need you more than I need to breathe," He slowly starts moving me towards the wall, one step at a time and I can't seem to stop him. I know what he's trying to do, I know he's trying to corner me. I guess part of me wants that too, however far down I've buried that want.

"I...I can't do this again with you," I choke out and only now do I realize I'm slightly crying. He brings a finger to my cheek to brush away a tear and my skin feels electrified by his touch.

"Don't you need me too, baby?" His eyes are also glossy as he presses me back gently against the wall behind me. My heart is pounding at the possibility of my parents walking in, but for some reason that thought could not be further from my mind right now. Reflexifelvy and hesitantly, I find myself nodding silently. He cracks a smile at this, bringing a hand to cup my cheek.

"Iris...there's no one else but you. Can't you see that by now? I need you more than I've ever needed anything. You're my life," He breathes, tears now trickling down his cheeks freely and I can feel every wall I've built around my heart come crumbling down at this. I turn into his hand and his eyes crinkle with unbridled joy at the small movement.

"You're...you're drunk. You should go home and think over what the hell you're saying right now," At this, I try to gently push him off me but he easily stops me from doing so.

"I don't need more time to think," He slurs. He sounds drunk but his eyes have never looked more sober, more lively, "I need to show you how much I love you,"

I watch him silently, his every movement swaying both of us as he brings both hands to my face, holding me gently. The butterflies in my stomach are soaring as I feel drunk off merely being touched by him.