four

thanks for reading! just a quick author's note as this story continues to gain traction...

this story is considered lolita-esque, but is NOT at all romanticizing or condoning the actions within this book.

this story is about an unprofessional, inappropriate and extremely wrong relationship/love story between a 13-14 year old girl and her teacher.

with that being said, it is much like a novel "My Dark Vanessa" if any of have you have read/heard of that book, this is very much in the same vein. not condoning or romanticizing the love, but very much just giving perspective to it and how complicated love can be.

just to reiterate, he is grooming her, he is a pedophile. there will be repercussions to this.

please vote and comment! this story is still ongoing!!

xoxo

As the days passed by, I got more and more comfortable in that class and I started to love being the "favorite" if that's what you could call it. He's definitely the coolest teacher on campus and based on the dirty looks I keep getting from all the girls in class who have a crush on him, I'd say they think the same.

"You'd rather go to space than the bottom of the ocean?" Mr. Ryder laughs as we sit in his room "grading papers" in third period. It's been about a full week since I've gone back to PE and so far, no one's questioned it except for my best friends of course.

"Definitely," I answer, giggling and he just eyes me curiously, waiting for an explanation. Rolling my eyes, I toss a grape into his mouth which he quickly collects and I start to do my spiel.

"I've always been fascinated with going to the sky. Like, damn, you can see the earth from above it? Hell yeah, I'm down for that. Either way, you can't breathe oxygen properly so it really doesn't matter. High possibility of suffocating in both cases," I laugh and he seems to understand, chuckling as well.

"Since I know you love space so much, I guess now's as good a time as any," He trails off and I find my eyebrows furrowing at this as he digs for something in his pocket.

"Good as time for what...." I start but when he produces a black velvet box from his pocket is when my eyes blow out of proportion and shoot up to meet his expectant ones. A small smirk plays on his lips as he hands it to me and I hesitantly take it, not understanding what this is.

"Open it," He gestures and my heart is hammering in my chest.

"My birthday isn't 'till tomorrow," I note, still not understanding any of what is going on right now. He just shrugs, ushering for me to open it again. I lift the lid off the box and my stomach drops. A silver necklace with a sapphire stone, my initials, and three more planets are hanging on the chain and I don't have any words, my voice caught in my throat.

"I know, this probably seems really weird but seeing as how we're friends and all, I thought I'd just-" He starts but I cut him off immediately, wrapping my arms around him and he's obviously taken aback by this sudden display of affection. I soon feel his strong arms gripping me after he comes back from his momentary shock.

"You're welcome," He whispers, his husky voice breathing against my ear sending a shiver down my spine.

"Thank you," I giggle, laughing at how our expressions were backward but neither of us seem to care.

"Put it on, let's see how it looks," He collects the necklace from the box and I turn around, and comes up behind me to put the necklace on me. It feels a bit formal, but I try to ignore that feeling. I pull my hair to one side of my neck and I feel the cool sting of metal touching my skin. Mr. Ryder takes his time in clasping the necklace on and I notice his fingers trailing over my shoulder blades, causing goosebumps to rise in their wake.

Turning around, I face him and he smiles graciously at how it looks.

"How do I look?" I try to look down at the necklace and he just laughs, my eyes meeting his again.

"Absolutey beautiful," I feel a chill run down my spine at these words and I'm silent once more as I put my hair back in its place.

"Oh, also, before I forget, I'm not sure if I can keep skipping PE," He sits back down at this, his expression clearly disappointed.

"I really need your help here," He seems to be pleading and I tap my fingers on the desk, wishing I could just be his actual TA and not have to worry about that stupid class. I have way more fun with him than anyone else.

"I don't know, I mean my teacher might get really suspicious of where I'm going third period..."

"Don't worry about it. Just come to me if she starts asking questions,"

"Well, how is she gonna ask questions if I never go to class," I laugh and I watch as his eyes move to my lips.

"I mean, you're not gonna be skipping every day or anything," He smirks and I fake a pout at this.

"Aw, I thought you wanted me here," I puff out my bottom lip and cross my arms over my chest as he sighs deeply, watching me intently with a suspicious look in his eye.

"You can come whenever you want. I'd just advise against it. Like you said...a little too suspicious,"

"And we don't need anyone to be that, do we?" I shake my head, pulling the pen from his grip and removing the cap with my teeth as he did yesterday, popping it out at him.

"Hey!" He shouts I giggle, reaching for the stack of papers on my desk to grade as he hands them to me gingerly.

Why would anyone be suspicious of this?