𝖎𝖎. the historian

S1 E18 / 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔

Seven months later,   Adam Young's face was all over Mystic Falls

Seven months later, Adam Young's face was all over Mystic Falls.

She watched through a window, fingernails chipped against the arm rest as they put it up across the road: pinching tape between their finger and thumb and pressed a printed image of him against a street light.

Creases and edges were smoothed out, a palm run over the bold, frantic words.

She must've driven past a dozen on the way here, but not once had she actually looked at them. She hadn't done anything but glance at the posters on stop-lights, not stopping once to look back at the dark eyes printed in fresh ink.

But that was nothing unusual to the days she'd had since coming back here. Life had been the too fast type, always washing her up and lathering her with lake sludge until she was too disorientated to do anything but keep pushing forwards––

Until she was staring at a missing poster for her ex-boyfriend across the street.

...

..

.

  "Mrs Gilbert?"

Jeanie blinked.

She'd once sworn that Adam had a permanent glare, and the poster across from her confirmed it: a heavy, imposing stare that burned into the same cheeks that flushed as she was called to across the hallway.

Flustered, her chin dropped down to gather her things. Jeanie fumbled and cursed under her breath as her purse fell to the floor. Maybe it was being back in this high school or maybe it was the fact that she was so sure Adam's eyes were following her, but her hands shook slightly as she slung the old bag back over her shoulder.

  "Miss," Jeanie corrected before she could even look up, "Miss Gilbert... not Mrs––"

And then, again, when she looked up at the man in front of her, she was cut short.