CHAPTER 2

I woke up, well rested and fresh. I see why rich people buy such beds, it was the best sleep I've ever had. I slept like a child. I love it here!

Silvy helped me with everything from bathing to dressing up. I don't remember last time I was pampered like this. Waaaaah! I love it! I don't want to leave all of this. I don't have to lift a finger and everything is done. Who wouldn't want a life like this?
Just ring a bell and Silvy will come immediately.

Rich people are so lucky. 'I envy you Orealia.' I said with a sulking look on my face. I want to live her life. No loans, no need to work, just eat and sleep.

"My lady, Duke wants to meet you, he asked for you to come to his study." Silvy said as she was looking down on the floor.

Okay, I take back whatever nonsense I uttered there, let me return to my world. Lord! Are you there? Are you listening?
Say something.....
Another wave of disappointment. If you didn't have to help me why send me here, of all the places!
I squinted my eyes and shrunk my lips. 'I'm mad, super mad.
Like that would solve it.' I mumbled.

I dressed up properly to meet the Duke. This dress! Does she wear such clothes. I don't like such clothes but I don't have time for this now. I started walking and followed Silvy to the Duke's study. As I was walking my head was occupied with thoughts of what to call him, how to react, what to say when he asks me why I fell into the lake? I was squeezing my fingers anxiously without realising. When did I make a fist! It must be Orealia's habit. It seems her body remember her habits and manners.
Now that I've noticed it, I do walk like a lady and I've never walked like this before. It's all what her body has been accustomed to.

IN THE STUDY

I entered the study and saw Orealia's father, a man in his middle age yeas, a concerned look, a feeling of care.
He is her father, what should I say?

"Orealia, you are here?
Please sit down."

I sat down and he joined me. I could hear the piercing silence. It's uncomfortable...

"Would you like some tea? Here, your favourite dessert is on the table, please enjoy." Duke said with a joyful expression on his face.

I started sipping tea and took a bite of the cookie. It does taste good! Mmm, I like it. I felt a bit calm but that doesn't settle my nerves, I'm still dying with worries.

"Orealia, you look like you don't remember your father. Oh, dear! I did everything for my only child and this happened to her. I know you are not a girl who would try to do such a thing. But if you did, that's heartbreaking." He said.

I could feel his concern, worries, love and care towards her. Only if she was here to listen it.

"I know this is not the right time but I want to know!
Did you poison Prince's Fiancèe?
If you did I don't care. And if you want I could help you get rid of that woman but dear, you are my precious child, I don't want to see you suffer. Prince doesn't deserve someone so magnificent like my Orealia." He frowned.

He looked angry while talking about the Prince, he knew Orealia was following him around when the Prince only ignored her.

But his voice becomes soft every time he talks about his child.
Orealia, lucky you!
I don't remember my parents. They died when I was young. I do feel sad about it from time to time but I'm okay....

"Fa, father that...
I am afraid I can't tell you anything about that because my memories are not clear."

"You don't have to be so formal. Talk comfortably with me." He replied.