CHAPTER 9

I woke up in a non-familiar environment and after looking around I realised that I slept with Callixto and he left without saying a word to me!
I got up and faced another harsh reality that I was going to 'Darkthorne Duchy'. I was ready and it still shakes my heart with painful and dreadful thoughts.
Not like I can avoid this for real! I mumbled.

"My lady? Are you awake? Can I come in?" Silvy said.

Oh! That's Silvy! I felt a bit relaxed. Someone was there to rely on.

"Silvy, come inside." I said with a rather looking-forward tone.

"My lady. I'm here to help you."

She helped me get ready and I waited for Callixto to inform me 'when we are leaving'.

"Silvy, did you see Duke on your way here?"

"My lady, I think he is with the knights. I'm not quite sure!" She said with a perplexed look on her face.

"That's okay Silvy." I smiled.

Now, I just have to wait here! But for how long? Argghh! I'm getting impatient!

I was  quietly waiting for him and then I heard a voice.

"Wife?" He said while entering and I replied to him, "I'm here."

"Are we ready to leave?" I asked as soon as he appeared in front of me

"Yes, I see you are ready as well." He said this, glancing at me. I was all dolled up because Silvy thought it was a good idea.

"Sure, please take care of me for the remainder of the journey as well," I said, slightly lifting the corners of my mouth. I reached out my hand, and he grasped it like it were instinctive. 'Is this something he does every day?' I thought.

While walking to the carriage I noticed his knights murmuring and working. They were chattering yet somewhat disciplined.

We were in the carriage and I could not hold my curiosity I asked him "how long will it take to reach Duchy?"

"Wife, you certainly are an impatient one." He replied with that grim look on his face as if he was fed up with my questions.

"I know that much so tell me how long?" I retorted as I glared at him.

"It won't take long, we are close to the entrance and we will reach there in no time." He replied.

"You mean the magical entrance?" I asked with Glimmer in my eyes.

He looked straight into my eyes and said "you're very enthusiastic when it comes to the magic."

"Ah, Yes. I'm inquisitive about magic and things like that." I retorted.

He closed his eyes just like he did yesterday and folded his arms and was sitting like a quiet 'heron quietly waiting for the fish to get closer to hunt'. I can't forget even for a moment that this man seems 'sinister' and I am already locked in his cage.

No use to think about it, let's wait for the magic entrance.

      CALLIXTO'S POV

This woman! I have to keep close eyes on her. Rumors are that she can't go long without wrecking havoc!
'If only I didn't require her!'

A barren field, a dark sky, blood shed—a place that reeks of death. I have been on the battlefield for so long that I forgot that a peaceful life existed somewhere beyond that field! I was so busy making strategies and donning bulky armor that I forgot the tranquility of the world!
'I didn't have a fascinating life, but time spent on my estate was still heaven.'
Following the war's victory, everything returned to how it had previously. A peaceful home, a cozy bed, and slumber. Then I found out that she had poisoned the Prince's Fiancèe and that didn't make me feel anything! 'Lady Orealia has been quite infamous for her behavior.' I didn't think I would ever need to converse with her! Tsk, life has its own antics for bringing you down!