Chapter 1

An army of soldiers made their way into Edenia, they all looked fatigued, injured and bruised in many ways. The people of Edenia cheered as they were glad to have them back, wives were happy to see their husbands safely return. But there were also cries of sorrow from a few whose husbands didn't return, a small price to pay for victory over their enemies.

At the front of the army was the famed General of Edenia, he had a beutral and calculated gaze on his face as he headed for the palace. He stopped a few minutes later and turned toward his soldiers, they all stopped as well.

"This is as far as you go. Go, be with your families." he said in a kind and calm voice.

The soldiers all hesitated before they slowly started to disperse, the General watched them go with a small smile. Then he noticed his Captain was the only one that remained, she looked at him and he sighed.

"Captain Tyra?" he asked.

Tyra looked tired and beaten up but yet still stood tall when she heard her name being addressed.

"General Aric."

"Why are you still here?" he asked.

"I have to see everything through, until the very end." Tyra responded confidently.

"That won't be necessary. I'll take it from here." Aric told her.

"But-"

"Don't even think about it. Go home and rest." He interrupted her.

She nodded with a small bow before she turned to leave.

Aric watched her leave. After she left his sights, he made his way up the steps that led up to the Palace. He was greeted and saluted by the Imperial guards and he returned their pleasantry, it was good to be back home after months of stressful battling.

As he made his way up, he noticed the King Jerrod and Queen Sindel standing at the entrance of the Palace. He approached them and stopped at a few steps and looked up at them.

"General Aric. Its good to have you back to us." Jerrod smiled.

"You look like you have seen better days, Aric." Sindel teased with a small chuckle.

Aric rolled his eyes at her antics.

"Forgive me, My Queen. I didn't have time to better present myself." he said sarcastically.

Sindel merely chuckled further.

"Forgive my wife, Aric. She can be a bit callous." Jerrod smiled.

"I know that, brother." Aric said before walking past them into the Palace. "That's the relationship between in laws, I suppose."

Jerrod and Sindel glanced at each other with smiles, before they followed him from a distance.

"Prepare Prince Aric's chambers, please." Sindel ordered a Palace maiden.

The maiden nodded and left without haste.

"Ah. Its good to be back" Aric said with a smile as he looked up at the ceiling. "No place like home."

"It was your choice to become the General of the Edenian Army." Jerrod reminded him.

"And I told you that I had no interest for the throne. I better serve our people out there." Aric said with a teasing smile. "Being king was your calling, brother. Not mine."

"That was the only sound decision you made so far, brother in law." Sindel smirked at him.

Aric turned to her with a look of mock offense.