Chapter 38: A Gentleman's Grand Gesture

Hi guys! So yeah, we're definitely nearing the end! Thank you to everyone who've been there since the beginning! I love you all so much ♥

P.S. Since I can't stand all the sad comments, I'm updating early. Gimme love!!!

Chapter 38: A Gentleman's Grand Gesture

"Hey, what's bugging you?"

Lifting my gaze, I saw my Mom looking at me with warm eyes.

Offering her a small smile, I shook my head."Nothing, Mom. Just some school stuff."

She raised her eyebrows - an indication that she doesn't believe me. Sigh. She knows me too well. "Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything. I'm your mother. It's all part of the job."

I chuckled, and reluctantly reached for her hand. Heaving a sigh, I looked up to meet her gaze and said, "I have a confession, Mom. But promise me you won't get mad."

"As long as you're not pregnant or doing drugs!"

I shook my head, laughing. "What? No! Of course not, Mom. What are you thinking?"

She let out a sigh of relief and said, "Good. I know you won't do that. I'm just making sure."

Nice save Mom.

"But seriously Mom.." I said.

"Yes, what is it? I respect your decision of telling me that's why in return, I promise to try to understand your situation and not get mad at you."

Well then, here it is.

"Uh..." I started, feeling nervous. "It's just that I-I, uh, I mean.."

"Yes? Go on," she prodded.

"C-Chase and I..."

"What about you and Chase?"

"We're dating."

Mom looked like someone just dropped a bomb on her, which, from the recent turn of events, might as well be. "Since when?"

"A couple of weeks ago?" I meekly answered.

"Does that mean you're already together when he was still here?"

Hesitantly, I nodded.

Mom's face broke into a frown, and it looked funny despite the situation. "Y-you didn't have sex or anything while he was still here, right?"

At that, blood rushed to my cheeks, my face burning in utter shame at what she said. "What?" I screeched. "Mom!"

"Hey, I'm just asking! So did you or did you not?"

"Of course, we did not! Oh my God, this is so embarrassing. What are you even thinking, Mom? Oh God..."

She threw me an apologetic look but I know all to well that she was just trying to hold back her laugh. "I'm sorry, I'm a Mom! You can't blame me for thinking things like that."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever Mom."

She laughed, and seconds later, I was laughing along with her. "But honestly honey," she started as she pulled me for a hug. "If being with Chase makes you happy, who am I to stop you? As your mother, all I want is the best for you. And from the amount of time I've spent with Chase, I can tell he's a good young man."

I smiled. "He is, Mom. And he makes me really happy."

"Well then, I'm happy for you, too."

Friday came by quickly, and the whole school was in complete buzz about tomorrow's event.

Everyone was chattering about how beautiful and expensive their dresses are, and they also can't stop talking about who their dates are going to be.