Separating always sucks

Ivy didn't completely relax until the glow of Quebec City faded behind them.

Although it was still weird for her— air traveling for the first time without any of her close friends—, she had to admit it was strangely relaxing.

She appreciated the way the breeze blew straight at her on a comforting way, blowing stray strands of her hair away from her face as she looked at the view in front of her.

After she was sure none of the cold gods were going to strike Festus out of the sky, she basically slept through the whole ride.

However, that also felt unnatural to her. She had grown so accustomed to sleeping with Annabeth, that only having the wind as company made her feel even farther from home than she already was.

It wasn't like she didn't enjoy going with her new companions. She really believed the 4 of them actually made a pretty good team. But it would still take her some more time before she could entirely trust them.

Nevertheless, they were pretty amusing company.

Leo kept her entertained for a while before she fell asleep, and she had to admit the Hephaestus boy was indeed very funny and easy to talk with. It could've also been that they were more alike than they thought, but neither of them thought about that.

She was slightly aware of Jason and Piper speaking to each other behind her, but her longing for a night of sleep was stronger. It didn't take long before she doze off and gave in to her tiredness.

Of course, once more, Morpheus didn't seem to want to be original with her. Because guess who she dreamed with.

Yes. Thanatos. Again.

At that rate, she would probably be able to make a perfect drawing of his face by memory. And she had always hated making portraits, so that meant a lot.

This time the black haired girl, who she now knew was Khione, didn't appear. Instead, she just saw fire.

A basement full of fire.

Whatever that meant, she wasn't in the mood to get burned alive. Again.

She only woke up when she heard screaming right next to her, and felt like she was suddenly falling from the sky.

You know like when your body does that free falling thing while you're trying to sleep?

Well, that wasn't the case.

They were literally free falling from the sky.

She took back everything good she had said about traveling through the air. It sucked.

A body shot past her—Leo, screaming and frantically grabbing at the clouds. "Not coooooool!"

She tried to get a hold of him, but he was already too far below for her to reach.

Somewhere above her, Jason yelled, "Piper, Ivy, level out! Extend your arms and legs!"

She did what he said and regained some balance. She fell spread-eagle like a skydiver, the wind underneath her like a solid block agaist her body.

She saw Jason wrapping his arms around Piper's waist and approaching her to do the same.

"Grab Leo!" She yelled as she moved away from the boy. "I can get down on my own"

He seemed against the idea, but trusted her and nodded, leaving in the other boy's direction.

She focused on the clouds' shadows surrounding her, closing her eyes as she imagined the darkness engulfing her and taking her towards the ground.