12 - Sherrinford Holmes: The Other One

Sherrinford Holmes: The Other One

The taxi ride towards the Watson residence is full of questions from the blogger to the consulting detective. Usually Sherlock wouldn't mind, he loved answering his friend's questions but today he is a bit more reluctant discussing his brother. The other one. Sherrinford Holmes is a Holmes to put it blatantly. He is younger than Sherlock and Mycroft yet he is still incredibly clever and extremely dangerous to today's society. Unlike his brothers, Sherrinford has people skills and is actually very charismatic and open about his sexuality. He considers himself bisexual but to him that just means he sleeps around with whoever is willing to sleep with him. Mycroft uses his intelligence to run the British government, Sherlock to solve crimes and experiment in his spare time whereas he... is kind of like a consulting criminal like James Moriarty. But, contrastingly he does it all for the money whereas Moriarty for the status and to stop himself from being bored. "Why haven't I heard of him before?" John questions with his brow furrowed. "I mean I have known you for what five or six years – on and off – but you or Mycroft have never mentioned him."

"He 'dishonoured the family name' according to Mycroft." Sherlock spits, "He did some bad things and associated with some bad people John. So Mycroft used his position to have him exiled." John for a moment ponders whether it is safe to have this conversation in the back of a black cab especially with what happened the day after he met Sherlock for the first time. Serial killing cabbies and all that.

"How is he back then?"

"He used his astuteness to manipulate people and here he is. He obviously was using his flatmate as well." Sherlock's tone turns sour at the end.

"Hmm?" John hums with confusion.

"Daniel Lester." He states, "He obviously had some sort of feelings for my brother who used that against him. I mean look at his flat. Destroyed by flames."

"So he faked his death?" John suggests but in a questioning manner.

"Seems so."

"Runs in the family then..." He mutters making Sherlock sigh. Although the high functioning sociopath does not show it, he still feels guilty about the pain he put John through but it was for his own good. "I wonder when Mycroft is going to have his go at it." Sherlock chuckles at this. "Talking of Mycroft, shouldn't you talk to him about this?"

"No." Sherlock states and screws up his face, "I can't trust him. Not after everything that's happened recently."

\~.~.~.~.~/

Juliet sits herself cross legged on her bed with one of Sherlock's spare laptops resting on her knees. It is late in the evening, her father and the army doctor are off on a case which she is not allowed to be involved in so Mrs Hudson is 'babysitting' her. This didn't stop her from looking at the case file so now she is curious; a trait which she has definitely inherited from her father. She open up a new tab in her internet browser and enters a search engine's web address before typing in the field: Sherrinford Holmes. She watches as hundreds of thousands of results pop up, too many to look through in one night but just from the titles she understands the basics. He is a criminal. Her uncle is a dangerous criminal nearly on the Jim Moriarty scale. Not quite though.

London Bank Robbery: Sherrinford Holmes Involved?

Facebook Hacker Funded by Holmes

Holmes' Ex-Client Found Dead

Juliet draws in a sharp intake of breath. She learns from the titles that not only is he a criminal he is a charming, enigmatic, sexual criminal like Moriarty.

"I gave in to his charm." – Holmes' Rape Victim

Sherrinford Holmes Funds His "Favourite Prostitute" Through University

Out of all the articles which come up it is not any of these links she clicks on to read on further but there is one article title which does catch her eye so she clicks the link without any hesitation.

{

The Holmes Brothers: A Politician, a Detective and a Scheming Rich Criminal

The Holmes family have become a prestigious family in the 21st century especially the three sons of Siger and Violet Holmes: Mycroft, Sherlock and Sherrinford.

These are quite unusual names for three young-ish men of our time but they do match their interesting personalities.

The oldest is Mycroft Holmes who is very important to you and me. He may not be the face of the British government like the prime minister or the chancellor or the foreign secretary or the home secretary but he is the underdog of it all. He is a very hard working middle aged man who prioritises work over family. (Except maybe his brother Sherlock Holmes). Mycroft is an untouchable man with a heart of ice according to many ex-colleagues, he shows no mercy when firing his workers or when making plans but he is what's keeping the whole operation alive.

Second in line is probably the most famous of all; Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock is the world's only consulting detective who is easy to find at 221B Baker Street for people to tell their problems to. He craves mysteries and apparently solves crimes as an adrenaline rush. He hit his fame when finding the painting: 'Reichenbach Falls' after its disappearance many years ago with his companion John Watson – an invalided army doctor who now is a GP. For a while before Sherlock faked his death and sometime afterwards it was thought that Watson was in a relationship with Sherlock until it was found out that he was to be married to a Miss Mary Morstan. Currently Sherlock Holmes is battling a long term enemy Mr James Moriarty who also faked his death the same time Sherlock did.

Lastly we have the scheming rich criminal Sherrinford Holmes. A charming and highly intelligent man who unlike his brothers uses his intellect for evil. He provides money to fund criminal projects, he has been associated with some of the biggest mysteries to date and was a most wanted criminal for some time until it was reported that he had been punished for his terrible deeds. His crimes though still look relatively mundane next to consulting criminal James Moriarty whose network is allegedly much vaster.

These three Holmes may be intelligent and interesting but I know that I would rather stay clear of all of them.

}

At the end of the article is a photo gallery of all three of the brothers including Sherrinford which feeds Juliet's curiosity for the time being but she cannot help but recognise a forth face amongst the three Holmes. A face which appears a few times with her criminal uncle but she cannot put her finger on who it is. "Mrs Hudson!" Juliet calls loudly hoping her father's landlady hears. She hears the sound of footsteps approaching telling her that she has succeeded especially when the older woman's face appears in the doorway.

"Can I help you sweetie?" Mrs Hudson asks as Juliet turns the laptop around.

"Do you recognise the woman in the picture?" She asks her and Mrs Hudson leans in close while squinting slightly to try and get a good look with no questions asked.

"Yes in fact I do!" She exclaims, "She came here a couple of times a few years ago. I didn't like her, she was mischievous but Sherlock was fascinated by her." Juliet's stomach tightens. The thought of Sherlock taking a fancy to anyone other than her mother upsets her; even if he didn't like her mother either. "I'm pretty sure she's dead."

"A name would be good." Juliet sweetly responds although her patience is wearing thin.

"Erm..." Mrs Hudson contemplates, "Irene something..."

"Irene Adler." Juliet gasps and slams the laptop lid shut.