Chapter 6

They both had made their way into the forest, dodging questions from their friends and any teacher. Almost as soon as they stepped foot into the deep woods, Dimitrius broke down in tears, his fears having come true.

"My love, calm yourself. There is no need the cry." Viktor cooed and softly ran his hand through the top of his mate's hair.

Dimitrius hiccupped, another tear rolling down his face.  "They - they are going to take me away from you though."

"Lily Potter only said that you looked like James Potter, but she cannot demand a blood or inheritance test without proof that you used to be her son." Viktor soothed his mate as he rubbed his back and sides. "She will not want to reveal that her lost son is a creature and goes to a 'dark' school"

DImitrius hiccupped again but calmed down, slowing his breathing down. The mated pair sat in the forest, comforting each other as the day passed by.

Soon, voices could be heard through the forest, calling out for them.

"Dimitrius! Viktor!" Seemed to be their chant as they searched with their wands out, ready for anything.

The younger perked up at hearing the voices, recognizing them. "Adalet, Ivan, Marlena. They are searching for us."

Viktor nodded and slowly got up, Dimitrius still in his arms. Slipping out of the strong hold, the Wood Elf quietly made his way through the forest to the voices of their friends.

"Viktor! Dimitrius!" Ivan's deep voice bellowed through the tall trees that the two emerged from. Their three friends ran to them, slowing down in front of them. "The old man said that both of you attacked Marigold Potter!"

"There are others searching for you." Informed Marlena. "A werewolf, an Imp and Dark Veela seemed to be genuine about trying to find you. Do you know them?"

Dimitrius nodded. "Yes. The Imp was - is - my godfather."

"Who are the others?" Viktor asked, wrapping an arm tightly around his mate's waist.

"The Headmaster and the Potters. The defense teacher might be as well." Viktor cursed, wanting to rip the Headmaster and his order to shreds.

The sound of voices started to loom in the air as leaves and sticks cracked under footsteps.

"But mum, why didn't the spell work! You told me it would!" Marigold Potter whined, her voice loud and high pitched.

Dimitrius could faintly hear Lily Potter's sigh with his enhanced hearing. "Viktor is a creature, it will take longer for the spell to fully sink in. By then, we will have taken away the Wood Elf. We will then have you marry and get bonded to Viktor. We might not be able to do the bonding if he had already with the boy, but we will work around that when the time comes. Alright, sweetheart? Lower your voice, we want to surprise them if we find them."

"Fine, mum." Marigold grumbled but kept quiet.

"We need to move. They are coming this way." Ivan whispered as he looked for a good path in between the trees. Viktor and the girls nodded while Dimitrius was panicking in his mind. Marigold Potter was going to take him away from his mate forever. She was going to take his mate.

The group of friends silently made their way through the dark forest, almost running into Dumbledore and James Potter. The Auror and Headmaster were not talking, only wandering in tense silence.

Weaving through the towering trees, the group of friends stopped in a clearing. Dimitrius slouched against an old stump as he felt his energy leaving him. Having the defense teacher try and pick away at his glamours took a lot out of his magic. It did not help that he was keeping them up. Viktor saw this and went to pick his mate up, but Dimitrius stood on shaky legs and continued walking.