NECROMANCER

URSUS, XXXX

[This is part two of Bear Ghost but we decided to not name it that. The chapter isn't missing it's right underneath this message.]

"Well? Am I going to get an answer here?" I insisted, my Scottfield at the ready.

The three of us were in some sort of standoff as the snowfall around us intensified. The rest of the mercenaries stood on the sidelines, murmuring to one another in agitated confusion. I believe they're waiting for Ferrok to arrive to sort this mess out. In the crowd, I could see Gilliean with both hands clasped together, covering his mouth

When I cast a few glances towards the newcomer, the word 'mouse' was the first that came to mind. Two circular ears were attached to a bed of bloody hair. Her blue eyes were similar to Gari's, though Gari's had a colder hardness to them.

I couldn't get a proper look at the rest of her outfit to give an accurate description because it was mostly covered in blood, cuts, and concertina wire.

When I turned to face Gari, I noticed that her normally icy demeanour had given way to a very troubled one. What exactly is her issue now? Putting the pieces together, she was probably sceptical of me when we first met and despised how I treated Gilliean. But what about now? The only thought I had was of the other woman's appearance, whether it was because she resembled a concertina bomb or tripwire victim or because she literally "appeared" out of nowhere.

I was about to make another comment until, finally, Ferrok appeared too, pushing past the crowd and quelling the mercenaries in waves with his very presence.

...

...Is he going to say anything at all?

After a few more moments of silence, he turned back towards the mercenaries, giving them a once-over.

He ordered the mercenaries in some other language before turning back to us. Most of the mercenaries stayed, but a few slinked away for some reason.

"...Gari, explain." Ferrok pointed, awaiting a reply.

With only that, her expression changed once again as the four floating metallic shards receded into the spearhead.

Now with a neutral face, she slightly turned her head towards Ferrok, keeping her eyes on both me and Miss Concertina.

"...When the newcomer left, I followed him to investigate what he was planning on doing. I then found him doing something suspicious with... Ashley's grave."

Well, at least I have a name to give to Miss Concertina.

Looking back at Ashley, I could see her slowly come to the realisation when she raised her hands in front of her face, staring intently at all the blood and wire coiled around her.

Gari continued her speech while Ashley seemed preoccupied with her current state.

"He appeared to be completely out of it as he made a few strange motions before clawing the stones away from the grave. As it happened, I felt something make every hair on my body stand on end, and then... Ashley came back to life."

I-I What!? Did I just accidentally perform a... revival? No way... When was I capable of doing this? I-

Some people in the crowd burst into a sudden uproar, with most upset and disgusted looks originating from... The Sarkaz race-if my memory serves me right.

Regardless if I identified them correctly or not, the looks were mixed with a small majority of shocked or happy glances.

Hmm, this kind of reminds me of how chaotic the weather has gotten within the past half-hour as the snow around us slowly yet indeed began piling up.