Chapter 5

Alcea doesn't have any intention of getting drunk. She was only drinking light alcoholic drinks while waiting at a bar she usually visits when she wants to take a break from a long tiring day. Niamh. She's waiting for the woman she had one nightstand with a year ago. She expected Niamh would reject her request to meet her here, but the woman agreed willingly. Maple sounded irritated to her once her friend managed to trap her and interrogate her again. She's offended because Maple thinks she has no other friends except her, but she understands Maple. She hardly met other people ever since the day she met Maple. But she can't say that to her.

"Did you wait that long, Alcea?"

Alcea stopped checking her phone when someone spoke in front of her occupied table. She stares at Niamh's long, dyed, light brown hair. The last time she remembered, Niamh had bob-cut black hair.

Niamh's feline eyes perfectly match her button nose and full-pouted lips. Maybe the make-up made it look perfect. She's wearing a spaghetti strap and high-waist jeans.

She quickly stood as she noticed that she was at least 5 inches taller than Niamh. "I-I just arrived," She stuttered because of nervousness. "I'm so sorry for requesting you to see me,"

Niamh smiled. Her prominent cheekbones showed how good the structure of her face was, especially the way she smile. "Don't be sorry. I was also bored, and I needed someone to talk with. You sound desperate to see me, too, from the phone call earlier,"

Alcea scratches the back of her neck. "Yeah. I know it's weird since I called you out of the blue moon. We're...not even friends, but you accepted my request. So, thank you. I'll pay for everything as my thanks. Please, take a seat,"

Niamh chuckled in amusement. "We did sleep together. Let's say we had a weird encounter. It's been a year, too," She took the opposite chair.

They randomly took a hotel and stayed there for a whole night. Niamh is the one who saved her phone number to Alcea's phone and used it to call her phone. Niamh is the one who leaves early that day while Alcea goes back to sleep more.

"I've been dropping by in this bar, but I didn't have any luck to see you again. Did you perhaps settle down already or..." Niamh studies Alcea's hands. She didn't see any ring. "Dating or single?"

"I'm single," Alcea smiled. "I've never been in a relationship," She should be at least honest with Niamh about why she wants to see her. "I'm sorry again for my action. I am not thinking straight when I accidentally called your number,"

"Accidentally?" Now it took Niamh's interest.

Alcea takes a deep breath and starts explaining everything. Niamh is a stranger in her life, so she's comfortable sharing the truth. She didn't stutter this time until she was done explaining everything.

Niamh is laughing hard. Alcea felt so embarrassed as she apologized again.

"I-It's weird you had to call a woman you randomly had sex with, Alcea. Yeah, but I understand your situation," Niamh said after calming down. "People who are in love always do the most stupid things in their life. I've been there,"

Niamh's friendly smile caused Alcea to feel comfortable around her. There's no judgment but purely amusement in Niamh's brown eyes.

"Thank you for understanding," Alcea sighed in relief.

"So, we are friends now?" Niamh chuckled.

Alcea felt ashamed. "If it's okay with you?"

"If the woman you love didn't ask you about me, we wouldn't be friends," Niamh glanced at the server when he handed her a drink. She thanked him as she focused her attention again on Alcea. "It's nice to have a new friend. I only have very few friends. So, are we not going to talk about that night and forget about it?" Her tone sounds playful. When Alcea's cheeks turned light pink, she laughed again. "You know, I thought you were a serious type of woman because of your height and demeanor. I'm actually relieved that you're not that type of person. Don't worry. Sex is just sex for me. But sleeping with a gorgeous woman like you is one of my favorite memories,"