Pack Discoveries

Derek's chest heaved as he slowed down, his mate clinging to his front with everything she had, nails biting into the flesh at his shoulder.

He turned backward, slowing to a jog as he looked to see if they were being followed.

"She saw me. She saw me, Derek." Ellie spoke as she pulled back to look up at him. Her eyes were wide and expressive. She had dried tears on her cheeks and his gaze hardened. Kate had terrified Ellie so much that she had cried. He would make that woman pay.

Derek gazed down at her as he tried to catch his breath. He adjusted his hold and lifted her up slightly so she could bury her face into his neck for comfort.

His arms tightened, and he took off once more. They needed a pack meeting. They needed it now.

~~~~~~

"Where's your father?" Derek asked as they made their way upstairs. They both needed Peter's comfort right now.

It was getting dark. It had taken them a long time to get back home on foot. They'd have to go back for the camaro. No way would she let it stay out there.

She pulled her phone from her pocket and frowned down at it. Her dad hadn't answered her SOS. She opened her messages and pouted. The message had a red 'X' next to it. There hadn't been any service to send it. Shit.

"Parent teacher conferences are tonight. He's probably at the school. He should be home soon."

~~~~~~

"You were hit by a car!? Dad! You should be at the hospital!" Ellie berated her father as she placed the last butterfly stitch to his temple.

"I'm fine. Just a couple bruises and scrapes. You guys needed me more. I just wanted to get home. Now what happened today. You were vague over the phone." Noah waved away their concern.

Ellie sighed and looked over to Derek, who was helping Peter down onto the couch. They had gathered in the living room for this meeting.

"Kate and a few hunters attacked us while we were at the old house for Derek's stuff." Ellie said and Stiles moved forward to help their dad to his feet. He waved them both away.

"But you two are okay?" He asked in worry. Ellie gave a curt nod. "Derek was electrocuted a few times, but no major injuries. I wasn't even touched."

Noah sighed and leaned back into the recliner. "And you, Stiles? You said you found something?"

Stiles nodded rapidly. "Scott and I stopped by to see Lydia after school, to make sure she was alright. Her mom had her doped up so she could relax. We did some digging. She's loosely lipped when high apparently." He reached into his front pocket and scrolled through before tossing his phone to his dad.

"She was taking pictures when she and Jackson were attacked. She got a rough photo of the alpha." Stiles' throat bobbed as he swallowed.

Noah glanced up at his son before looking down at the blurry beast with red glowing eyes.

Scott finally spoke up from his position against the wall, having been deep in thought. "Lydia is absolutely terrified. We erased all evidence from her phone after sending ourselves the photo."

Peter spoke up the second the last word left Scott's lips, shocking everyone in the room.

"Good. We need to keep this hush until we find and take care of the alpha." Ellie was at Peter's side instantly, her smile wide as she threw her arms around his shoulders.

"Papa! Oh god, I am so glad you are getting better!" She gushed, tears in her eyes as she laughed happily.

His arms came up around her and held her tightly. This girl right here in his arms, was the reason he was here and sane. She had done what no one else had even thought of doing. Just being around him, caring for him in his time of need.