[CJH] Guarding Hearts

Pairing: bodyguard!Jongho x actress!reader

AU: fake marriage au

Word Count: 15k (oneshot)

Summary: In the glittering world of fame, you're an actress haunted by an obsessive stalker hell-bent on claiming your life. To protect you, your management hires Jongho, a bodyguard, to pose as your fake husband. While danger escalates, so do the sparks between you. As his feelings for you deepen beyond the bounds of professionalism, will he still manage to uphold his role as a dedicated bodyguard?

****

"That's it, we must do something about this."

Seonghwa declared, his voice tinged with frustration and worry. His eyes scanned the surroundings, ever watchful for any sign of danger.

"This can't go on any longer. Your safety is our top priority."

The moon hung low in the night sky, casting a dim glow over the bustling streets of Seoul. You stood outside your apartment building, your heart still pounding from the latest terrifying encounter with your relentless stalker. The night air was crisp, a stark contrast to the fear that had gripped you just moments ago.

Seonghwa, your dedicated manager, stood beside you, his brows furrowed in deep concern.

He had been by your side since the beginning of your skyrocketing career, and now, as your fame had reached new heights, so had the dangers that came with it.

You nodded, trembling as you recounted the chilling details of the latest attempt on your life. The stalker's death threats and claims of ownership had escalated beyond terrifying emails and letters. This time, he had boldly attempted to abduct you, coming dangerously close to success.

The fame you had achieved was a double-edged sword.

While it brought you adoration from fans worldwide, it also attracted the attention of those who harboured dangerous obsessions. Your stalker was the most notorious among them, his fixation on you spiralling into madness.

Seonghwa's face hardened with determination as he pulled out his phone, "We need to take drastic measures. We'll bring in the police, but in the meantime, I have another idea."

Your heart raced, anxiety twisting your stomach as you wondered what drastic measures he had in mind.

You had no choice but to trust your manager, the man who had always been there for you. As the city's neon lights flickered in the distance, you braced yourself for this terrifying ordeal, knowing that whatever he had planned was your best chance at escaping the clutches of your stalker.

God, help me. Please let this plan work.

The meeting room's dimly lit interior provided a stark contrast to the chaos that had consumed your life. Seated beside your manager, you stared blankly at the conference table, your hands trembling uncontrollably.

The fear that had taken hold of you since the last kidnap attempt seemed to have permanently etched itself onto your every nerve.

Without a word, Seonghwa noticed your trembling hands and covered them with his own, offering a comforting and grounding touch. His warm, reassuring squeeze provided a small moment of solace in the midst of your turmoil.

"You're not alone in this," He whispered, his eyes filled with empathy, "The label and I are here for you. We're going to do everything in our power to keep you safe."

Forcing a smile to reassure him, you nodded, even though you still had no idea what drastic measures he and the management team had planned to protect you. The uncertainty weighed heavily on your mind, but you didn't want to burden him with your fears. He had been your pillar of strength throughout your career, and you didn't want to add to the immense pressure he was already under.