I decide to let myself outta the brig and head for Sickbay. There's too many unanswered questions regarding Pity Treaty – who all do we have, who's left standing and all of the above. Besides, instead of lounging the brig, I could be helping, and I grab some more food along the way.

When I get there, Twink's nowhere around but Ra-Ra with Raven are and I get up to speed on what needs to be done – assessing injuries, logging casualties. I have more of a plan formulating in my brain and enlist Raven and Caddy to write up some comp-sys algorithms that will lock Eds out of the command structure so Addie-Lit can easily take command. They're giddy to work on that. I think further justification of the incompetency declaration will be dereliction of duty by refusing to disobey illegal orders. I write up a draft of this, log it under seal in Capitalist's logs.

Twink comes along and reminds me that I'm supposed to be in the brig. He's already enacted his plan to evac these folks off the Capitalist – he's gotten in touch with a buddy who'll keep them off-boards and shipped out once stabilized. I feel better. With the dropship and two skiffs, we might all fit if we need to hurry up off this boat.

When I return to my favorite cell, Eds is there with a smirk on his face, arms folded.

                "See, that's the prob when you're chronically short-handed on min' crew and your XO knows the codes." He says.
                "Well..."
                "Look – we won't agree, and you irk my nerves. Feeling's mutual and I really don't care. As my XO, I'm here to get'cha up to date on why I'm choosing this course and this convo remains off-board,"
                 My mouth opens.
                "Shut up, Jay. You talk too much." He holds up a finger. "Only aft' we get outta this situation. I'm letting you know what Farley ordered us to do. He ordered after our cargo pick up to boost a rock down on Independence station and broadcast this manifesto I'm dropping to your Eye..."

*** Viva la revolution! Today the front edge of human society is taking steps to divorce us from EarthSol to do what New Gaia was settled for – replace Earth as humanity's spacer base! We've no need of a distant, disconnected homeworld! We're commandeering all trade lanes and stations! Those who don't comply with our demands will have the same fate as Independence who chose to ignore us! Revolution! ***

                "No way I was doing that. Took a page outta your book of How to Disobey Direct Orders, understand? Ignore the cold call? I'm already disobeying two sets of orders. The cold call's legit because if ever this whole op went left, we Front Units were to fall on our swords so that Revolution could continue without a hitch, memorializing our actions allegedly. Since they're calling us in, something's gone  ."
                 I'm stunned temporarily silent...and gain speech back. "All the more imperative to get Trip-C on the chop, Eds!"
                "I have a plan. They're disavowing us for a reason and Trip-C will bomb our Eyes regardless. I intend to expose them,"
                "You can't do that."
                "Oh but we will."
                "That's suicidal sir, you can't do that! You were worried about violating our Oaths! Listen to me," I raise a finger of my own. "Not informing Trip-C of a terrorist act would be the vio' of the Oath and warranting death, real death. That's a class-one vio' sir! We've already been given second chance at life!"
                "All the CO's of the Front Units knew the intents of these end-run 'round trade routes. The Front is seceding the Charter of Worlds to go it alone, for New Gaia to be the new basis of humanity. But! Instead of going peacefully, those fools wanna war. I have all the documents. They're gonna commandeer the Colony-classers assigned to the Front if they haven't already. They prob' have by now,"
                "But you still wanna answer the cold call?!"
                "Yes. You're assuming a higher authority isn't in on this. Hate to burst your bubble but our expiration dates're up regardless so we answer this cold call, placate the crew with the skill-sess that I'll be taking also and turn ourselves in and heed these orders and fall on our swords. Because if not today, tomorrow we'll be dead anyways but! Hopefully with max exposure of Sibby to the masses, what we do today will benefit those behind us and put an end to this, once and for all. If it goes sideways, I need you alert, capable and able to stand your ground, holding your rebel torch and,"
                "You leave me no choice! You're in dereliction of duty by refusing to disobey illegal orders, jeopardizing the lives of this crew,"