Chapter 18

Fabio's pov

“Amor we can go wherever you want” “Are you sure?” “Yes

“Amor we can go wherever you want” “Are you sure?” “Yes.”
I've been at work with Daniella planning a holiday for the kids, it'll be our first with the twins and we only want the best for them.
I'm about to speak when I get a call from the school. I show my wife the caller ID and put the phone on speaker. “Yes?” Fabian and Lucian enter my office with serious faces “Mr. Russo, I'm very sorry for what happened with your daughter. I don't know what has gotten into these children”
“Slow down Douglas, what happened” “You mean you don't know. I thought your kids went home” The principal explains what happened and we're all rushing home.

We enter the house and Laureline is crying on the floor with Emilio hugging her on the floor. “Where's Lucas” Daniella asks this seems to make Laureline cry more.
“He left.He just wanted some air” “From what?” They show me videos of the things Laureline said and the video of her being thrown with garbage by everyone.
“Lia he'll come back, he always does. He loves you so much and you're his twin he'll always forgive you. ”Damon says trying to shush her cries
“No he won't, he always does so much for me and this is how I repay him. I should've listened when he told me to stay away from Mandy” Laureline cries. “Let's go get some sleep, okay. I'm sure he'll be back when you wake up”Daniella says taking her to her room
“Find him” I say to Fabian “Already on it” he replies

3rd person's pov

It's 12 am and the family still hasn't found him. They start coming up with places he could be until they hear a blood curdling scream. They take out their guns and run into the room there's no one there but Laureline, Daniella rushes to wake her up realizing that she's having a nightmare. She wakes up and backs away into a corner.
“Bambina its only us calm down” Fabio says in the most gentle voice he has ever used.
“Where's Luca?” She looks around the room with her big doe eyes.
“He's gone isn't he? He hates me... and you all do too please don't hurt me” she says as the family tries to move closer to her.
“Why would we do that honey? We love you.” Daniella says
“You're lying, you all do. You take us in only to torture us and make us do your dirty work. Please I just want my brother back. He left me here all on my own. I have no one, what's gonna happen when Richard comes? ” she cries and rambles in a haze.

Fabio remembers that name from when he asked Damon and Dante to find out some things on the twins, he was in a coma but woke up a week ago.
“Richard Walker? he's awake.”
They thought telling her might calm her down but she started to walk around the room pulling at her hair like a maniac.
“He's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill Luca. ”
“No one's gonna hurt you here you're safe”Fabian says
“Why would he wanna kill you?” Daniella asks walking closer to the crying girl
They look each other in the eyes and as if a switch went on in her head  Daniella starts saying, “no no no no no it'll be fine okay. He wouldn't dare come here.”
“After Luca found out, he hit Richard then Richard wasn't moving, we didn't know if he was unconscious or dead. We dragged him to his front porch and called the ambulancem” She explained with tears in her eyes
Lucian went to put some sleeping pills in some juice for her, he came back and she drank all the juice, seconds later she was asleep as if she never even uttered a word.

“What the hell just happened” Carter says
“They were abused by their foster parents. She was raped! By this Richard Walker” Daniella says in shock and anger.
“So that's what she meant” Dante says This Richard Walker was raping Laureline and when Lucas found out he took matters into his own hands. It only made the family wonder what did Lucas have to do to keep his sister safe and else they had been through.

The next morning everyone is still distraught about what they heard last night. Lucas is no where to be found.
Daniella and Fabio go to Laureline's room and start asking her questions
“How long were you two abused? ” “For as long as I can remember. Luca took most of my beatings for me, he was always protecting me but the ones I did get, left scars. ” Laureline replies with tears in her eyes and a meek voice
“What about Richard? ” Daniella asks in a low soothing voice
“Richard was David's friend. He'd come over almost every day or we'd go to his house. He had a Pit bull and a Doberman, whenever we'd do something they didn't like he'd kick us out of the house and let them chase us around the yard. They never bit us until one day David was pissed off, he let the dogs loose they chased Luca and clawed at him until his heartbeat was faint and they made me watch. We went to the hospital and had to come up with a big lie just so the police could back off. Luca is filled with scars from that night. Richard didn't try anything else but when I got older he'd force himself on me and threaten me by telling me he'd send Lucas away if I did. When Luca found out he beat Richard until he was unconscious and he went into a coma”
All the boys were outside listening to everything Laureline was saying.
“Honey listen, we love you and we will never hurt you. Have we done it before? ” Laureline shakes her head at her mother's word “And we will never do it. All we wanted was to get you back and we will never ever let you go”. Laureline had never felt so loved and wanted and she only wished her twin was with her.