Chapter 20

Fabian's pov

“Fabio Russo, how dare you call my son selfish

Fabio Russo, how dare you call my son selfish. What are trying to do, get him to leave again” Mother says in a commanding voice to Father.
“Daniella I was just getting him riled up so that he can tell us how he's feeling. I just wanted him to speak up about his experience that's all. You know he wouldn't have said anything to hurt his feelings”
I must admit it was a smart move by Father but it doesn't help calm a raging Lucas.

“I'll go talk to him” Father says
“No, I'll go, I don't think he wants to see you right now” I say as I head out to look for him.
I find him taking a smoke on the top of the van in the garage. I join him and we sit in silence for a little while. “What do you want Fabian? I'm too tired to deal with any of you right now.”
“You know Father will kill you for smoking?”
“Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time someone tries to kill me” he says with an empty chuckle.
“I sort of relate to the pressure you feel for keeping Laureline safe.”
“Really?” He says raising his eyebrow.
“Yeah, after you two were kidnapped I was responsible for taking care of the rest of them. Mother and Father were spiraling, our aunts were trying to get Mother figured out and our uncles were leading search teams for you guys. Our grandparents were doing everything else and maintaining the business. I atleast had Lucian, he helped me out. They would all ask me where you two were and I never had the answer. All I could do was make sure nothing happens to them because we became a broken family when you two left.” I tell him

“You got that right” Lucian says coming to sit on the van with us.
“Life was shit. We don't fully understand what you had to do but if we were in your shoes we would've done the same. Family first, always no matter how much they piss us off. Also I came here to tell you a small detail that we forgot to mention earlier, Richard Walker's awake.”
He stops smoking and looks at us with a dead serious face if he wasn't my brother. I'd be feeling a little nervous about it. He's about to get up when I say “We've got him covered. He'll get what's coming to him, he'll regret ever meeting you two.”

Moments later Lucas starts talking “I've had to do a lot for us. Selling drugs, stealing, lying, fighting, racing. All of that for scars and bruises. You lose yourself in all that, there were times Laureline would be looking at me with those big eyes and I knew she just wanted to get out from this life, this pain. I couldn't let her, do you know what it's like finding your sister on the floor after she pops too many pills? Believe me when I say I would've done it too but I can't leave her all by herself in this fucked up world. She doesn't know how many scars I have, she only knows what she can see and I'm grateful that she doesn't know much cause it would've eaten her up inside. It always does. Sigh. That Father of yours better stop trying to bait me into telling you guys about the past, you know everything you need to.”
Lucian chuckles at his words realising that he knows Father's plan and I can't help but smile a little.
“Thanks for listening, it doesn't come often especially for an annoying ass like me.” He says in a appreciative manner
“Anytime brother” I say as we all come in for a group hug, odd but in that moment it felt right and it had been a long time since I've had one from my brothers.

We walk back into the kitchen because it's lunch time. We're all eating in silence when Dante clears his throat. “So... what happens to Mandy? ” he asks
“I can't get her expelled because she wasn't the only one who did it, half the school did too, I can't get everyone kicked out” Father explains.
“Luca... ” Laureline says in a warning tone
“I haven't even said anything, or done anything... Yet” he says looking at his twin
“Don't do anything stupid please”
“It's not stupid, it's called revenge and I serve it cold, on a silver platter, just for her.”
“Atleast tell me what you're gonna do.” He laughs and says “You wouldn't like it.”
“Luca stop scheming and eat your food. Karma will get her” Mother says getting irritated with their back and forth bickering.
“I'm Karma.” I hear Lucas say in a low whisper
I can't wait to hear what he's done.