lacy pt.1 !

credit: harryssideboobz on tumblr
word count: 979
angst

credit: harryssideboobz on tumblrword count: 979angst

Harry was a dick, a complete and utter dick. You knew this because he's screwed you over more than you can count. The both of you had been a part of the same friend group since your first year of college. Despite him being a bit of an ass at times, he was kind to everyone that was kind to him. After about a year of knowing each other, you both started dating. It was the best relationship you've been in for a while. Everything had been going smoothly until around the 4-month mark. The first time you said those three (very important) words. I love you.

You had called Harry over to your dorm that you shared with your roommate Jess. Jess would be in class, so you saw it as a perfect opportunity to have this conversation. When you heard a knock on the door, you immediately jumped up and ran to open it.

When you opened it, you saw him standing there, smiling down at you, staring at you with his gorgeous green eyes. "Hello, love" he said. "Hey babe" you replied with a kiss to his lips. You opened the door a bit wider and gave him space to walk in. Once you were settled comfortably on your bed, you started talking about anything and everything.

After talking for a while, you finally got to what you originally wanted to discuss with him. "Hey, I actually wanted to talk to you about something." you started. You wanted to start off strong, just in case this goes very wrong. "Sure, what's up?" he said. "Okay, so...um. I'm just gonna say it. Harry, I love you."

As the words came out of your mouth, you scanned his face for a familiar reaction, expression, or anything really. You grew worried when you couldn't find anything other than a look of shock on his face.

To save yourself from embarrassment, you said, "You don't have to say it back if you don't want to or don't feel the same." "No, no, no, I do feel the same. Trust me. I love you too."

About two months later, you got sick with the flu and had to sit out of classes for a week. During that week, you had been in isolation inside your dorm room. Jess had gone to stay at her boyfriends' house for the week because she swore that she would "kill you" if you got her sick.

Harry rarely visited you; when he did, he only stayed for about an hour before disappearing again. You never thought much of this, thinking, "He must not want to get sick either."

When you fully recovered, you made your way to the dining hall, your group's usual hang-out spot. Once inside, you walked up to your usual table but saw all six seats occupied.

Someone was in your seat—a girl—one of the most gorgeous girls you've ever seen. She had the sweetest smile, one that, quite literally, lit up the whole room, along with the brightest blue eyes.

"Hey guys!" you said as you approached the table. Rounds of hey's and hi's went around greeting you. "I'm just gonna pull up a chair really quick." you said as you glanced over at the girl whose name you don't know.

Before you can walk away completely, she speaks up, "Oh! I'm so sorry. Did I steal your seat?" "No- well, yes, but it's fine. I'll just pull up a chair. It's no big deal."

You returned with a chair, placed it next to her, and sat down. You would've sat next to Harry, your boyfriend, but there were already two people on either side of him. One is the girl whose name you still don't know.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."

"Oh! Sorry, my name's Lacy."

"It's very nice to meet you, Lacy. I'm y/n"

To no one's surprise, she was an angel. Her voice was smooth as butter. You started a rather lengthy conversation with her about why you've never seen her around and what you're both studying in college. You both happen to be studying music theory.

You couldn't help but notice that throughout your whole conversation with her, Harry never spared a glance in your direction. He hasn't spoken a word to you since you arrived. You decide it would be best to brush it off, not wanting the first time you talk to each other in about a week, to be an argument.

You started to attend your classes again that same week. When you walked into your poetry class, you sat in your regular seat for a while before you felt a presence next to you.

"Can I sit here?" It was Lacy.

"Of course." "Thanks."

Once class was over, just as you were about to walk out the door, Lacy stopped you. You turned to face her, still in shock at her natural beauty.

"Yes?"

"Um... I have a quick question to ask you. If that ok."

"Sure. What's up?"

"Do you know if Harry's single?"

Her question sent you into utter shock. You never would've expected that to come out of her heart-shaped lips.

"I mean, just because he's been showing me around all week, and he's been lovely and kind towards me. I think he might like me," Lacy said.

"Wait, he's been showing you around all week?"

"Yeah"

"And he never told you?"

"Told me what?" She looked confused.

"Lacy, Harry and I have been dating for almost seven months."

That's when shock crossed her gorgeous face.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! I had no clue. He never mentioned anything to me."

Well, that hurts. You love Harry, and he didn't even think to mention you to the new girl?

What were you gonna do?

You'd have to confront him, right?

🦢