Crazy Confrontations

Hello there! Thanks for reading!

Just to let you guys know, my dance and band stuff is getting more and more hectic, so although I'm trying to keep a schedule of at least one post every 2 days, I might not be able to do that. Just a little warning.

Percy's POV:

Don't tell Annabeth that I said this, but I'm a Seaweed Brain.

I don't know how I forgot, but I didn't even consider the Voldy-Shorts dreams I'd been having. I mean, I have barely been sleeping and yet I forgot not to sleep. How did I do that?

As soon as I fell asleep, all I saw were images from Tartarus. It felt like I relived days of hardship in only a few hours. I felt all the pain, fear, concern and desperation that I'd felt then.

As soon as I'd exited the elevator, Voldy sent me back to the dining hall. I was in shackles connect to my hands and the walls. Voldy and Bellatrix were waiting for me, standing with a look of grudging respect.

"I'll admit, I'm impressed," Voldy said. "So young yet plagued with so much sadness."

I gritted my teeth. "Leave. Me. Alone."

Bellatrix ignored me. "You're fighting for the wrong side, you know," she looked at me pitifully. "Your demigod friends see you as a leader not a person. They wouldn't actually want to be your friends."

"Stop it," I said. I didn't know what Bellatrix was trying to do, but I suspected that she would make me feel anger and sadness and would control my feelings if I didn't try to resist.

"And your Hogwarts friends?" Voldy said. "Longbottom is only friends with you because you came up to him. As long as he wasn't lonely, he would've picked anyone to be his friend!"

"You're—You're lying," I said, though the words were hard to get out.

"Am I?" Voldy was suddenly right in front of me. "Well, let me show you another group of people you consider your friends." Voldy tapped my forehead with his index finger, and once again I saw images in my head. Only this time, I didn't recognise them.

I saw the Golden Trio conspiring against me, searching through my stuff and deciding what to do about me. I saw what they planned to do with the potion, and why they had to ask me.

"Don't worry, though," Bellatrix said. "I intercepted their little trip into your brain. They'll see a few things, granted. But they won't see anything that implies that you're a demigod."

I hadn't wanted to meet Bellatrix's eyes before, but my head shot up with a look of surprise on my face.

"Yes, yes. We know all about your heritage. I'm a daughter of Nemesis, did you know?"

I took that in. "I met a son of Nemesis. He fought for the wrong side and died trying to fix his mistake."

"No, actually," Voldy butted in. "He died defending the wrong side."

"Just join us, Perseus," Bellatrix cooed. "Join us and a certain blonde bimbo won't be killed."

"What?" I whispered. If Annabeth was in danger. . . . "What have you done to her?"

"Nothing. . . .Yet," Voldy said simply. "If you want to know more, meet us at the Black Lake tonight after dinner. Come alone and don't tell anyone else where you're going."

"And if I don't?"

"Then you will officially be single!" Bellatrix clapped gleefully.

I was forced out of the dream and came out of the Land of Hypnos. I was just coming round when I heard the Golden Trio talking. I stayed still, trying to listen in on their conversation.