𝐗𝐥𝐥- 𝐈 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐇𝐢𝐦

Poe's felt his head spinning, his vision felt hazy at the thought of Finn. He lost his balance for a moment until Snap caught him. 

"Whoa- are you alright man?" He asked genuinely. "Listen I should probably get you back to your room."

"Where is he?" Poe said looking up at Snap.

"Listen I don't think-"

 "Where is he?!" He asked once again only this time more demanding than the last. Snap knew who he was talking about but he didn't want to be the bearer of bad news.

"He's in the Solitary First Aid Division... they're trying to wake him up," Snap said sadly.

"He's not dead?" Poe said wide-eyed. "He's alive?!"

"...Not exactly."

Poes quickly got dressed and ran to the Solitary room, there he saw a worried General Organa. She was looking through the glass window to see a lifeless Finn lying down on a bed with tubes and wires that were connected to him, monitoring his every breath.

"General!"

"Poe your awake!" She said surprised. "How-"

"He's alive, no? The monitor says he's still breathing," Poe asked confused.

"He is but his body basically shut down for some reason, we still haven't figured out what's really wrong with him," Leia admitted.

"Let me see him!" Poe begged.

"I'm afraid I can't let you, Poe," she said while stopping him.

"Please," he insisted as he walked up to her she could see his eyes were mournfully broken. As much as she wanted to let him pass she knew she couldn't let him.

 "No visitors are allowed to be in contact. We- fear for the worst. It's already been three weeks and-"

"I've been asleep for three weeks?!" Poe asked dumbfounded as he touched his face, he felt the familiar prickle of his beard growing back once again.

"Yes. You're the first of the three to wake up," Leia said heartbrokenly.

"Three? Where's Rose?!" Poe blurted out. "Is she okay?"

"Rose is fine. I meant my Ben," Leia said heartbrokenly.

Poe didn't even know that Kylo boarded the ship but he wasn't about to say anything in front of his General. He didn't know what to say the only thing that came out of his mouth was; "oh."

"Finn's made no progress whatsoever," The General said she looked over to see that Poe was completely distraught by the news.

"I'll give you some time to think," she said as she began to walk away.

Poe mind raced with memories of Finn using the force and wheeling a lightsaber. "General," he whispered. "General- LEIA!" He shouted from down the hall. "Finn- he's a Jedi!" He said running up to her. "He used the force he sensed that I was in danger-"

"That means," she said looking up at him. "He must have forced heald you...that's why he's not waking up. Because he traced some of his life and essence into you!"

"What are you talking about?" Poe as he ran his fingers through his curls.

"He's given up his life for yours the only thing is I don't know if he'll wake up. If you died in the process of being stabbed than he'd be dead too however if you did die there's still a chance he can be alive," Leia explained. Poe understandably nodded with every word she spoke.

"I'm afraid if nothing happens anytime soon we're going to have to take him off of the support system. I'm sorry Poe."

Poe's knees went completely weak he felt as though he was about to collapse and second. He didn't even say a word Leia looked at him for a moment then back at Finn's virtuous body

"Listen why don't you go take a nice shower, shave and go to bed? It's been a long mission, you'll feel better once you've rested." Poe still didn't say a word he just looked over at Finn's body.

Leia didn't want to tell him but she knew it had to be done. "He's scheduled to be taken off of the life support system tomorrow...I'm so sorry," she whispered as she rubbed Poe back. She then walked away to let Poe be alone with his thoughts.

Poe stared at Finn's body. He looked as though he was just sleeping. Poe constantly told himself that; he's just sleeping, he's okay he's gonna wake up soon he has to.

The only noise you could hear was Poe precious tears hitting the solid cold floor.

§₱

Poe slowly made his way to his room. He didn't even bother to change his clothes he just wanted to go straight to bed. When he got into his room he passed a mirror to see a miserable man with sad eyes and a tired face. Poe turned his head away from the pathetic sight and turned on the shower. He stood there for what felt like an eternity, letting the water embrace him. It killed him to know that he couldn't even visit him one last time.

'No he's not dead!' he thought to himself. 'He's not going to die!" 

Poe slowly got dressed crawled into his cold bed alone with only his tragic thoughts to accompany him. He tried his best to sleep but there was only one thing on his mind. He closed his eyes and tried to think of anything else other than Finn's death that was awaiting the next morning. Just the thought of Finn being in the state that he was in made Poe want to curl up and moan. He then reached for his chest.

'My necklace?! Oh- that's right...I gave it to Finn' Poe thought to himself. Poe then sat up from his bed and began to sob into his own hands. He slowly whipped away his tears and remembered how they met how he feel in love with the man who saved his life.

"I have to do something," he whispered to himself. "I have to save him somehow- I got to see him...I'm not going to let him die."

"I have to save him!"