𝐗𝐕𝐈 | 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Cage felt pleased with himself.

    After taking care of his problem—meaning, Jasmine and Angelina—he was now walking casually through the halls of the school with a small smirk on his lips, everyone parting the way for him since he strolled around with an air of arrogance that only came to someone who had everything, along with knowing it too. But then his relaxed expression shifted into one of almost excitement when spotting a familiar girl walking down the halls.

    "(Y/N)!" Cage called out to her cheerfully, running up to her so he could then sling one arm around her shoulder. "What's up?"

    "Aren't you happy," (Y/N) pointed out with a raised brow. "What happened?"

    "Hm?" His smile seemed to freeze on his face as he stared down at her, momentarily allowing the wheels in his head to turn to think up an excuse to tell her. "What do you mean 'what happened?' I was just happy to see you again! But... I thought you were going to wait for me at our table?"

    "Oh..." she trailed off, flicking her eyes to the side. "You were just gone a while, so..."

    "Wait," Cage stopped in the middle of the hall, his eyes wide. "Were you... worried about me? Wow... am I dreaming? You—(Y/N)—worrying about me?"

    "Ugh, shut up," she scoffed, pushing away his face that was now close to her own.

    "I just can't believe it!

    "I wasn't worried—you're just slow."

    "Excuses, excuses," Cage scoffed, furthering his tight grip on her shoulders, his lips twitching and his pupils shaking ever so slightly whilst his heart thrummed rather wildly in his chest upon the insinuation of her worry—of what that worry would then mean for him in the very near future. "Why don't you just admit you like me, (Y/N)? That you've grown fond of me? After all, I'm quite the likable person, aren't I?"

    "Whatever you're thinking, it's entirely wrong," she scoffed once again as she shrugged his shoulder off of him. "I'm leaving."

    "You know we have the same class, right?"

    Cage watched with a playful smile as (Y/N) continued to walk away, completely ignoring that little fact that he called out towards her. His smile then faded once she disappeared around the corner, the last flicker of her image being the trailing strands of her (H/C) hair. His expression then slowly descended into one of displeasure, the ice to his eyes making those around him shiver when momentarily glancing up at him.

He wasn't pleased.

Things were moving far too slowly for his liking, and his patience was running thin.

    "Tch," he scowled as he stalked away down the hall in the opposite direction, finding that while wishing to always be within (Y/N)'s presence, he couldn't stand the thought of her looking at him like she always did instead of what he wanted.

    Said girl in question finally arrived at her sought after destination. Dropping off her supplies, (Y/N) glanced at the clock to see that she had a few minutes left where she could use the restroom. Unfortunate, as soon as she pushed the door open, the sterile lights glinting off the pale tile floors, she almost let out a groan of disbelief when finding both Angelina and Jasmine there. She would have thought that they'd leave, but apparently not, the two distracted from trying to cover up what looked like the bruising patterns of fingertips around Jasmine's neck.

(Y/N) stopped.

Wait...

Is that... a handprint?

What... happened?

"The fuck are you staring at?" Jasmine snapped when noticing (Y/N), her dark brown eyes narrowed into a rather deadly glare that could've killed her right where she stood if wished. "Are you happy now? Are you here to fucking gloat!?"

"Why would I be gloating?" She frowned, a bit defensive from the sudden hostility directed at her.

    "Don't act like you don't know," Angelina's frown deepened as she pulled away the sponge which she had been using to touch up Jasmine's neck, a bottle of foundation in her other hand. "You told him what we said, didn't you?"

Jasmine didn't wait for (Y/N) to answer, instead closing the distance between them by grabbing the front of her shirt harshly and jerking her forward, practically seething as she spat, "This is all you're fucking fault! Cage would have never had changed if you had just stayed away! What the hell is so special about you! Because of you, he did this to me!"

(Y/N) took a step back.

She could have easily broken out of Jasmine's hold, but she was far too shocked to think clearly, her eyes trailing down the girl's neck to the outline of a hand around her neck despite the foundation.

That... can't be...

Would Cage... really do that?

    "Hah..." Jasmine exhaled, her features wrinkling in disgust as she slowly backed away. "This is so... pathetic. You don't believe me."

(Y/N) jolted.

Did she believe Jasmine?

Could she really believe that Cage could hurt someone like this? She knew he could be a rich asshole sometimes, but she didn't think he would ever take it to that degree.

"Let's go, Angelina," Jasmine shook her head, shoving past (Y/N).

The door slowly shut behind them.

(Y/N) continued to stand there.

When she thought of her first interaction with Cage, it had been at her part-time job, and she didn't think much of him then except as a privileged rich boy who didn't know anything of the real world except his cushy bubble. She realized that she had been wrong about him, as he worked hard despite his riches, had flaws despite his perfect appearance, and struggled just like anyone else.

But did she continue to be wrong about him?

Staggering forward, she slowly leaned against the counter and stared at her reflection in the mirror, her jaw tightening.

I told Cage about them.

He left after I did.

And then Jasmine confronted me.

He really did do that... didn't he?

(Y/N) ran her hands down her face, chills coursing down her spine as she recalled every smile, every laugh, and every time he touched her. He had acted like nothing was wrong even though he had hurt Jasmine to that degree. She was a rude and spiteful person, but even (Y/N) knew she didn't deserve to be hurt like that.

She let out a defeated sigh.

Yeah...

This is why I don't do friends.

꧁꧂