ONE

Simone and I just left Beverly Hills for college at Bringston University in Atlanta. I know it's hard to belive, but we found it like home. Simone's aunt, dr. Amara Patterson is the one who made us change our minds and come to Bringston. She's the best woman I've ever known. And she's not the only one who made us change our minds. Our friends, Keisha and Nathaniel made us. And for me, one more person. Damon Sims. The famous baseball player that left the pros for Bringston's baseball program.

As we arrived, we were greeted by Keisha and Nate with their arms open.

"Our bitches are back. Our bitches are back. Our bitches are back.", Keisha sang all the way to hug us.

"We missed you girls. Why didn't you answered our group chat over the summer?", Nate said to us.

"Group chats aren't my thing.", Simone answered.

"Well, now we can fix that now that you 2 are here.", Keisha said.

"And you, mrs Miller?", Nate asked me.

"I was searching for something on the internet.", I try to answer her.

"Or rather someone. Girl, I wasn't born yesterday. I know you've been looking for that fine baseball player, which, by the way, is at Bringston too.", she adds.

"Wait, who are we talking about here?", Simone asked looking between Nate and I.

"Obviously Damon Sims and his fine roommate.", Keisha chimes in.

"Wait, Cam is here too?", I asked Keisha.

"Yep. And he's so fine. Now excuse me, I need to get going to solve a problem at R.A", she adds.

"Should we be worried?", Simone joked and we laughed as Keisha walks away.

"So, where are your entourages or Simone's boyfriend?", Nate asked us.

"My parents couldn't or rather wouldn't want to come, so I'm by myself in this college moving situation.", I answered her.

"Yeah, same with mine, and Jordan had a family thing, and my aunt is stuck at her chair with others professors.", Simone answered her as well.

"Well you have me.", Nate said.

"Girl, no. Go be with your mom.", I tried to reassured her that we're fine.

"She'll understand. Now, let's get you 2 settled in.", she said as she took Simone's biggest bags and walked with us.

As Nate helped me with my room, I heard a knock on my door.

"Were you expecting someone?", Nate asked.

"No. Did you?", I said back.

"No.", she answered.

I got up and open my door to reveal, the one and only, Damon Sims. He was smiling at me.

"You've been here for almost an hour and didn't looked up for me?", he said with a smile on his face.

"Hello to you too Damon." I said to him.

"Well, I gotta go to my mom's. See you later Laura.", Nate said as she blow me a kiss and catched it.

Damon entered and sat on my bed as I closed the door behind. I was still putting my clothes in the drawer when he got up and walked behind me. When I turned around, I was met by a dark brown chocolate pair of eyes looking at me.

"Jesus, Damon. Why do you like scaring me so much?", I said laughing.

"It's not my fault that you're easier to scare.", he laughed with me.

"How's your baseball practice so far?", I asked him, knowing he already started.

"Coach benched me after I told him that the team sucks and the ones who were good, he lost at the scandal to the portal.", he told me.

"I'm sorry to hear that. If there's anything I can do...", I didn't finished my sentence and Damon already smiled at me and start walking out.

"You're a genius, Laura!", he shouted on his way out.

"What did I say?", I yell after him.

"You'll see. Love you.", he yelled back and run to the baseball field I supposed.

I finished with my room and then hang out with Simone in her room and she called Jordan on facetime.

"How's at Bringston?", Jordan asked us.

"It's alright for now.", Simone answered.

"I have gotten confused.", I said.

"Why? What happened?", Jordan asked.

"You remember Damon, right?", I asked him.

"Yeah, what's up?", he said.

"I asked him how his baseball practice was, he said he got benched for telling his coach how he lost the best players to the portal, I told him that if was anything I could do and then he said I'm a genius in the middle of my sentence and then he ran to the baseball field and said I'll find soon why I am a genius.", I told both of them.

"Girl, he's in love with you.", Simone said.

"I gotta agree with my girl on this one, L. I mean, he's just a guy who's crushing on you and the look he gave you last year, while y'all 3 performed for that show, I couldn't believe he liked you in that moment.", Jordan told me.

"I don't know. Maybe...", I said to them, before Keisha comed in and took Simone's phone away and we start getting ready for the party.

The whole time, while I was there, I sat and talked with Damon and JR, while Simone, Keisha and Nate got drunk. We were talking and laughing about different things. Later that night, I said my goodnight's to the girls and went in my room. This day was something else.