Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Where are you going?"

"To my locker, I'll check if it was left there," The girl replied. Luna followed the girl, and they both eventually disappeared from my view.

It seems like Rain read my mind,

"Luna's older sister." I didn't even notice she was already here beside me. I nodded in response to what she said, but I didn't say anything more. I had a strange feeling about the girl...

The thought of the siblings disappeared from my mind because Sharmaine and Major arrived, coming from their smoke break.

"Ready to go?" I nodded. Just like yesterday, the same setup happened again: Mark was chatting with Rain, discussing random things in the elevator, while Sharmaine was back to being busy chatting on her phone, as well as Ate Jhen.

Major and I stood silently in the elevator. I had nothing to do on my phone, so I didn't take it out and it seems like he's not fond of using his cellphone either.

As we exited the building, we still hadn't said anything to each other. Sigh. Why am I feeling disappointed? What's the big deal if we didn't talk? Do we have anything to talk about in the first place? I sighed again.

What am I even thinking? In the first place, we're not very close; we've only known each other for three days, and I don't know anything about him.

Then my mind is screaming that the more things we can talk about, the more we can get to know each other.

"Why do you look troubled?" I looked to the side when I heard Major's voice.

"Huh?"

"You sighed pretty loudly." Was it really that loud that he heard it? I asked myself. I shook my head one after the other to let him know I didn't have a problem.

"Are you still thinking about your dance earlier?" He asked me with a slight chuckle. My eyes widened, and my face slowly turned red. I mentally cursed myself.

"N-no!" I quickly denied while looking directly into his eyes. What's even more annoying is that flashbacks of how I sneakily looked at him earlier and how he caught me kept replaying in my mind.

My heart started beating rapidly again, as if it was about to jump out of my ribcage for real this time!

I quickly averted my gaze from him.

"We're getting off here, Lumi," Sharmaine said goodbye, so I looked at her. Thankfully, she was there, so I didn't have to talk to Major again. I also don't know what to say to him anymore. I felt embarrassed!

I glanced at him briefly and then looked at the others we were with before saying, "Alright, take care. See you again tomorrow." They each turned away from me one by one.

I pressed my forehead as they walked away, and finally decided to walk uphill to catch a taxi.

As usual when I got home, I went to where Ate Betty was, and I was sure that she and Udy were together again.

As I was walking towards the playroom, I could already hear Ate Betty saying, "Udy, please fetch it now." Until I finally reached the door of the playroom.

"Hey, I'm the one who threw it, and all you have to do is to get it back," Ate Betty added, so I just smiled.

We knew that Udy would fetch, but it depended on her mood. Most of the time, she preferred to be carried and taken to the mall or park. Speaking of the mall, since it's my last day of work this week tomorrow, I can take Udy to the mall on Saturday.

"Udyy!" I said to get their attention. Udy looked at me with her big round eyes that, in my opinion, still had a sparkle effect, and Ate Betty also turned to look at me. Udy quickly walked toward me with a smile.

"Miss you, Udy!" I said right away and squatted down to pick her up. She immediately started wagging her tail in the air with her eyes shining. This had always been her thing.

"Oh, Udy!" I petted her head. After a while, I said goodbye to Ate Betty, as Udy and I went to my room so Ate Betty could do some other work. Of course, I thanked her for taking care of Udy all day while I was gone.

I let Udy play on my bed while I got dressed. Since I had nothing else to do after getting dressed, I took my bag and my phone from inside to check my social media.

No one even messaged me. Sigh. But our office group chat is lively, and they're talking about dance video earlier, and I'm still receiving notifications because I'm tagged. When I opened the group chat, I immediately noticed that Major was just seen-zoning without sending any messages. He was just lurking.

I replied briefly to the tagged messages directed at me but went back to scrolling through my wall to look at some memes. I came across that picture of the guy with his clothes off, with only a thermos covering his private part. I laughed as soon as I saw it because I remembered sending this to Major the other day and even told him to try it.

I went back to my messenger once again and saw that Major was still online. 'I wondered what he could be doing.' I asked myself, but I couldn't send him a private message; that would be weird.

I didn't realize that I was just staring at his online status until Ate Betty knocked on my door. It was only then that I realized it was already dinner time. When I looked at Udy next to me, she was already fast asleep on my bed.

I left my phone on my bed, still online, since I was sure no one would be messaging me anyway.

When I came back from having dinner, since I had been at the dining table for a while, I couldn't sit still as I checked my phone. Even though I expected it, it was still somewhat disappointing.