Chapter 47- Epilogue

JARED'S POV

"I can't eat anymore," I groaned as I tilted my head back and patted my full belly, everybody laughing as Anna's Mother brought out even more food. She placed the plates on the decorative table, Dean's eyes bulging out of his head as he caught sight of more turkey and stuffing, quickly dishing them up onto his plate.

"It's Christmas," scolded Anna's Mother playfully, placing a hand on her hip as she tutted. "You can't be full, and you're a werewolf. Anna has told me all about how you all love to scoff your faces full."

My mate blushed. "Mother," she grumbled, her face red with embarrassment.

Sonny gurgled from across the table, pointing at the mountain of steamed vegetables, demanding for more. Sophia did the honours, piling the kale and carrots high on her little brother's high chair plate.

"So you've officially been working at the school now for a whole month, Anna!" cheered her Mother, raising her glass of champagne. She had a few too many and couldn't stop giggling. "How are you finding it?"

"Oh, I love it," Anna said with a huge grin. "It's so much better than the other school, and Sophia has just transferred there, haven't you?"

Sophia nodded enthusiastically, sliding off of her seat to run over to my mate and engulf her in a hug. "She's my favourite teacher ever!"

Anna had had about six or seven sessions with her therapist, and I had noticed her mood and confidence increase significantly. It was strange how much good just talking to somebody could do. I also believed it had something to do with the fact that Amelia and Anna's Father were now dead.

Dylan had replied to my text within seconds, ensuring it was definitely what we wanted. I assured him, and after an hour, he informed me that the deed was done. I didn't want to know the details, so I didn't ask. The less we all knew, the better- as long as it was confirmed that they were no longer alive so they couldn't harm Anna or her Mother again.

Anna hadn't asked much about it, but I would notice her drifting in and out of daydreams a lot more than usual, and I wondered if she was thinking about what had happened to Amelia and her Father. She never looked upset by the situation though.

It wasn't how I wanted all of this to end, because although I was heartbroken and crushed when Amelia had first left, I only wished the best for her. That was before she turned up and announced her claim on me though. She wanted to have her cake and eat it, and that wasn't the way things worked. She had transformed into an even bigger psycho than she was when I did know her.

"Oh, we're out of champagne," Clara and Gia both exclaimed at the same time, Matthew and Dylan chuckling from across the table.

"I'll get some more," I said as I pushed myself to my feet, smiling at how everyone watched me with smiles as I made my way into the kitchen. Walking was second nature now. I no longer wobbled or had to balance myself. They felt as if they were really my legs. I did take them off at night, but the second I woke up, I would attach them again and be out the door ready to spar.

The training sessions with Dean and Dylan had been the best they had ever been. I loved running. Although, I still couldn't run in wolf form, I didn't care.

"Did you find it?" Anna asked me as she appeared in the kitchen, smiling at me. I grabbed the brand new unopened bottle of champagne, holding it up and planting a kiss to her lips.

"This is definitely the best Christmas I've ever had," I told her, and Anna laughed.

"You guys have a Moon Goddess, right? How come you celebrate Christmas?"