Chapter 3: The Deathly Hallows

This chapter is dedicated to @Avianreudkepp1 . Thanks so much for the comments! Sorry it took me so long to update.

Albus swung his feet and stared at Gellert. They were sitting on top of a high stone wall just outside Godric's Hollow, staring out into to the open field, with nothing in sight except for some trees and a small lake. Their feet hung over the edge, and they slouched over, clearly comfortable in each other's company. Gellert had tipped his dead back, laughing his light, melodic laugh at something Albus had said. Albus had forgotten what was so funny, he was focused on how much he loved watching Gellert laugh, and how he would have happily watched it for the rest of the afternoon, but there was something else pressing at his mind.

"Gellert?" Albus asked tentatively. The name still felt strange on his tongue. He hadn't felt this close to anyone in, well, years really. It was strange, but certainly not unpleasant to let people in.

"Yes Albus?" Gellert replied, looking straight at him. (A/N: no pun intended 😉) That was one of the things he loved about Gellert - he always acknowledged him directly. No groveling, no averted eyes, just speaking as equals. wAIT WHAT?!?!?!! LOVED about Gellert? He didn't love anything about Gellert! They were just friends right (ehehehehe sure).

"What does this symbol over here on the necklace mean?" He pulled the chain out from underneath his shirt, where he had been wearing it since the day Gellert told him to keep it, and held it out to Gellert, while keeping it around his neck. Gellert reached out and held the necklace in his hand. Albus' breath caught in his throat.

"Ah," Gellert said, and Albus was captivated by his voice and his eyes and oh for the love of God he would do anything for this boy, this stranger who he had just met, but already everything was perfect and he knew that together the two of them were going to change the world- "Do you know of the Deathly Hallows?"

"I-I've heard of them," Albus answered, confused by where Gellert was going with this.

"You know the Story of the Three Brothers?"

"Of course."

"Those are the Deathly Hallows," he said, gesturing to the necklace Albus was still wearing. He got to his feet and began to pace along the wall. Albus had never seen him like this before, frenzied, excited, ALIVE. "The Elder Wand, the Resurrection Stone, and the Invisibility Cloak. If someone can unite them all... they will become the master of death." The way Gellert said it made Albus think he spent a lot of time thinking about the subject.

"The master of death?" Albus repeated, not really comprehending what he was hearing. Surely Gellert was joking... this couldn't be real... could it? Well, apparently the answer was

"Yes. People spend their lives searching for the Deathly Hallows. To defeat death." Gellert stated passionately.

"And this is you goal? You're one of these people?" Albus asked. He was intrigued... death could be mastered... could he bring his mother back? She could take care of his siblings... he would be free... to go with Gellert.... He mentally shook himself. NO, BAD ALBUS, he thought. You're not in love with him for goodness sake. 

"Yes. And you, Albus.... My aunt speaks very highly of you. She says you are one of the most brilliant wizards ever to live. Albus," Gellert's voice became a soft, silky whisper. "I need your help."

"To find the Deathly Hallows?" Albus confirmed, cheeks flushed. From excitement, of course. There was certainly no other reason.

Gellert looked into his eyes and intertwined his fingers with Albus'.

"Yes," he breathed.

A/N: Hello! Yes, I'm alive! Im so so so sorry I haven't updated in so long, I've been really busy. But I'll try to update more often from now on! This chapter was 580 words, not including Authors Notes. Please comment, it makes me happy!!!!!! Baiiiii my darlings 😘!