Chapter 4: How Would You Change The World?

For @SylVoid you're probably not even reading this but honestly who cares. LOKI IS MINE OKAY DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO TAKE HIM YOU WILL FAIL!!!!!!! okey dokie on with the story.

Albus and Gellert were lying on the floor of Albus' bedroom, with scattered papers, ink, and quills around them. On one piece of parchment, Gellert had drawn the symbol of the Deathly Hallows with bold, clear strokes, big enough to take up the entire page. On another, Albus had taken notes of all the known records, movements, and sightings of the Hallows throughout history, including any suspicious tales or rumors that could be related to the objects. On another, they were compiling a list of all of the properties of the Hallows. Finally, there was the piece of parchment lying between them right then, titled "What We Will Do With The Power" in Albus' neat, looping script. 

Albus underlined the title, then raised a questioning eyebrow and pushed the paper towards Gellert, who was tapping on his chin with the end of an eagle feather quill, deep in thought.

"You know," Gellert said, looking at the paper, "If we could find all of the Hallows, and become the masters of death... we could rule the world. We could change it however we want it to be. Everything. All of it. At our command."

"Yes...." Albus replied, submerged in his ideas. Changing the world... however they wanted it to be... all of it. "Yes, we could."

Gellert grinned and wrote at the top of the page:

1. Change the world

in his messier, hasty scrawl.

"How would you change the world, Albus? If you could do whatever you wanted, what would you do?" Gellert asked him, looking him in the eyes. It seemed like he was staring right into his soul, searching for the answers he seeked, that somehow, he seemed to already know....

"Well - I - I would," Albus muttered, burning red and staring at the floor. He had never told anyone this before, it was his deepest secret. A chink in his armor, a flaw in his perfect image. If people knew, they would think him weak, emotional, pathetic.

"You don't have to be embarrassed. We're friends, aren't we?"

And with a start, Albus realized he was right. He hadn't wanted to be Gellert's friend at first, when he had just heard him mentioned in Bathilda's letter. But the Gellert he knew now, that stranger he had seen on his first day back in Godric's Hollow... now he knew that Gellert was smart, and witty, and ambitious, and completely gorgeous. Um, what the hell was that? Never mind. Albus wanted to know him better, to do everything with him, to follow him everywhere. 

"Yes," Albus answered. "Yes, of course. Well, I would get my father out of prison, first." His voice shook, and dropped to a whisper. "I would bring my mother back."

"Al," Gellert whispered, the nickname flowing off his tongue and flushing Albus' cheeks with heat. He put his fingers under Albus' chin and raised his face to look him in the eye. He wiped away the tears streaking down Albus' cheeks. "We can do it. With the Resurrection Stone, we can bring her back." Albus cracked a watery smile. "And your father, Al... didn't he get arrested for attacking muggles?"

"Yes," Albus mumbled. "Because they hurt my sister."

Gellert looked furious, like he was about to burst with rage. "Wizards have been in hiding from muggles for too long!!!" He ranted. " It is time that we take back our rightful place in the world... as its rulers. We can establish wizarding control, Albus. Nothing like what happened to your sister will ever happen again."

Albus smiled softly, despite the tears filling his eyes. On the briefest instinct, he scooted closer to Gellert and wrapped his arms around him. He felt the blond wizard's body tense briefly, then melted into the friendly touch, placing his arms around Albus' waist.

Albus knew for sure, then, that he was with Gellert until the end. They would find the Hallows, and change the world. Together.

'Till death do us part.

A/N: I have no excuse. Absolutely nothing. This update is so late, it's not even funny. At the beginning of this story, I had to restrain myself from posting multiple times an hour, and now look at me. I've gotten so irresponsible. I didn't really like this chapter, but I needed to post something, sooooooooo. I'm almost to the end of the pre-written parts, which means that I'm going to have to actually write something soon. 😭 Anygays, this chapter was 646 words not including A/Ns I think??? Please please please please please comment. Also, for any Marvel fans, what did you think of Loki season 2? I need more POVs plz.

Baiiiii my loves!!!!!! 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Edit: I just realized I forgot to give credits to JKR!!! She owns Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts, they're not mine. I also added credits to the intro.