❝𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭❞

Cw: this chapter contains spoilers for TCOAAL, swearing, and just other immoral things within this chapter and others later on. Viewer discretion is advised.

 Viewer discretion is advised

"Honey?"

"Yes, mama?"

"Would you mind picking up some groceries for me?"

"Sure thing, mama!"

"Why me though?.."

.   .   .

It's another tedious day for most people, but for you? It's probably the BEST DAY EVER!!!

Your mother has trusted you with finally being responsible and old enough to pick up some groceries for her, being that you were 6 going on 7

So, happily, you took the folded piece of paper your mother gave you along with a small bag filled with enough money for all of the items on the list, some snacks for yourself for being good, along with a first aid compiled of some wipes, bandaids and bandages.

"Bye-bye, mama! I'll be back soon!!" You said, your tone filled with elation as you put on your shoes, starting for the front door of your house.

"Goodbye, sweetheart!! Don't take too long and don't trust any old men in white vans!"

And with that, you went on your merry way to the grocery store.

You and your family were pretty rich, but you lived in an average neighborhood to save some money even though you really didn't need to, but of course you lived within the biggest house on the block across from this somewhat cramped apartment building.

You skipped along the sidewalk, playing a game of hopscotch as you had previously drew with chalk earlier that week.

And of course, 'the step on a crack rule'

"Step on a crack, break your mom's back!" You mumbled to yourself, making sure to miss every single crack or crease within the ground.

Humming one of your favorite songs as you played your games on your way, you heard the sound of a boy and girl talking in the distance..

"Leyley- I don't.. want to.."

"Well I do!!"

The sound of them arguing over who knows what, you frowned. You hated people arguing since it reminded you of some memories you weren't very fond of.