TWENTY-SEVEN

DAISY

DAISY

I couldn't stay in his arm much longer.
He was still passed out on my bed but I couldn't leave without patching up his wound again.

I make my way out and I'm overwhelmed by the mess. He broke whatever came into his sight.
I don't know who that man was, but I knew he got on his nerves. I've never seen him so... angry before. Annoyed, sure.
Putting my hair up in a ponytail, I get to work.
I cleaned all the shattered glass on the floor, fixed up the messed-up couch, and even mopped.
Took me two to three hours to clean everything and he still wasn't up.

Past

The old guy, Bobby, he was nice to us. He bought us snacks, blankets from his house, more toys for Kevin, and comfortable t-shirts for me. I didn't want his pity because I didn't want him to think I owed him anything. But I couldn't refuse either.

Kevin was asleep and Bobby poured me a glass of whiskey, "Here, baby, take this."

"I'm not old enough to drink."

"You're old enough to be locked here but you're not old enough to drink?"

"Listen, I don't want you to get any ideas. Thanks for helping us out but that doesn't mean I owe you shit with my body."

"What?" For a second his expression was confused. Then his blue eyes widened with realization and his cheeks went red, "Oh! Absolutely fucking not!" He keeps the glass back on the table and hides his face behind his hands. I liked his hands. I liked his rings. A skull on his right index, a gold wedding band on his left ring finger, and another ring on his right middle finger- a pink band. And then another on his left index. A lion.
He takes a deep breath and puts a hand on his chest, "Look, I am sorry if I came on to you like that, but I promise my intentions were never that." He chuckles, "Besides, the only person who can keep me satisfied even at his age is my Jenny. I belong wholly to my little sunflower." His accent had a hint of the West.

My cheeks go red now, "Oh. Oh god. I am sorry. I just-" he shakes his head, "Don't apologize, baby girl, it's okay. I'm just hurt that you've never had good people in your life to treat you right before. I know it hurts. But you got me here." I looked over to the newest toys Kevin was gonna get tomorrow, "You shouldn't do this. I don't wanna get you in trouble. That guy, Marcelo, he's a pain in the ass." He nods as he takes a sip of his whiskey. I have no clue how the hell he was in here with us even after hours but I think he had his ways to come and go in this club. As far as I've seen in these three months is that everyone respected him. All the girls were nice to him and he was warm to them. He kept his eye on every girl and made sure they were okay.

Last week, he caught a guy trying to grab one of the girls at the pole and instantly called security.

I didn't know if I could trust him yet.