TEN

ARIA WAS IN A SERIOUS PREDICAMENT. She was being hunted down by Coral and Mizzen, who were relentless with their attempts on her life. Aria had emerged from the underground tunnels looking hungry, sneaking around in hopes that a drone might be sent to her, however she'd been spotted by the two District 4 tributes.

They taunted her, pointing their weapons at her and jeering.

"Aria Thorne," Coral began, "what a nice surprise."

"Coral, how disappointing you're still alive!" Aria laughed back, not seeming nervous at all, but if she was, she hid it very well.

"You're dead, 12," Mizzen spat.

"Am I now?" Aria giggled as he lunged for her, but she skidded out of the way before Mizzen's knife could make contact with her skin.

Although Aria apparently wasn't nervous, Coriolanus certainly was. He could barely watch the screen, fretting that he'd have to witness her death. He furrowed his brows before reaching for his communicoff, sending 8 bottles of water her way. Maybe the drones could distract the two from Aria, allowing her to get away.

While Coral and Mizzen were fighting over who would get to do the honours of killing Aria, one of the drones flew into the arena, followed by the other seven.

Coral ducked, but Mizzen was hit in the back of the head, rendering him almost unconscious as he collapsed to the ground.

"Hey, you can't attack the tributes!" A mentor yelled at Coriolanus.

"I'm just sending water," he replied, holding in a smile.

When both Coral and Mizzen were sprawled across the ground, Aria grabbed a bottle of water and took cover behind a large boulder where they weren't able to spot her, and from there, she could carefully make her way back into the tunnels undetected.

Seeing her safe, Coriolanus let out a sigh of relief, but this lasted a maximum of 30 seconds as Dr Gaul had now made an appearance, ready to give a speech, and Coriolanus was pretty sure he knew what it was about.

"Due to injuries sustained in the rebel bombing of the arena, another of our Academy students, Gaius Breen, has unfortunately died."

"I think I speak for everyone when I say we extend our sympathies to the family," said Lucky Flickerman from behind her.

Dr. Gaul's face hardened. "We do. But actions speak louder than words, and our rebel enemies seem somewhat hard of hearing. In response, we've planned something extra special for their children in the arena."

"Shall we tune in?" said Lucky.

The final few tributes were all laying low for a while. Coral and Mizzen were both still recovering from being attacked by the drones, and no one paid any attention to Reaper, who sat high in the stands with a faraway look in his eyes. He seemed to be losing it, and everyone could tell, so he wasn't viewed as too much of a threat anymore.

All attention turned to the helicopter delivering the tank of snakes into the arena. The tributes weren't sure whether to approach the tank or retreat from it, but in the end it didn't really matter. The snakes would reach every last one of them, no doubt about it.

Snakes shot in all directions, going after the tributes. Coriolanus watched with baited breath as the snakes made their way around the whole arena. Most of the tributes made an attempt to run away, but this was futile as the snakes slithered far faster than any human ever could. The snakes had found their way to a couple tributes, in just seconds, specifically Teslee and Circ, the snakes sinking their venomous fangs into both of them.