three, it's nice to have a friend

( 003. ) ─── it's nice to have a friend
— 𐬿 •. 𖤐

     After the bathroom incident had occured, Ivy had bid a quiet goodbye to Percy and escaped with the Gray siblings to the field. No one ever really came there except for Ivy, so it was a good place to talk without intteruption.

     "Ivy, what the hell happened?" Kaiden sat down infront of the girl. "Why are you asking me! I wouldn't know." She threw her hands in the air, a sign of her frustration. "Well you were the closest to him right after, what did he say?" Kaiden continued. "He just said he was gonna get his head shoved into the toilet-" "typical Clarisse welcome." Kali cut in, but not with malice. "and then he said the toilets just exploded." Ivy mimicked an explosion with her hands.

     The two siblings sat in silence, attempting to decipher what Percy's outburst meant. "Who do you think his parent is?" Kali suddenly said. "I mean, wouldn't that probably have something to do with it?" Her gaze darted between the two. Kaiden rolled his lips, his fingers tapping against his knee. "Do you think it's......" Ivy said quietly. "No. It couldn't be." Kaiden responded quickly.

     Ivy wanted to tell them about the campfire incident, but she wasn't sure they'd take her seriously. She sighed, rubbing her eyes before staring back at camp. "I worry for him now. The Ares kids already didn't like him, but after this? They'll be out for blood." She said uneasily.

     "He can hang around with us. The Ares kids are fine with us, and I don't think they wanna risk upsetting you." Kaiden pointed at Ivy. The Ares kids liked the Gray siblings, and slightly feared Ivy due to an incident a few years back. "Why is he our problem?" Kali wrinkled her nose. "Because he's my friend Kals." Ivy remarked. "You've known the kid for a day." She shot back. "So? I knew you for only like an hour before deciding you were my best friend. Same for Kai." Ivy countered. Kali sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

     It was true. Kali had been the one to go after Ivy when she ran, scared and confused and overwhelmed. She'd sat across from her in the field silently, allowing the younger girl to be the one to make the first move. Since then, when there was one, the other was close by.

"We should go back soon. It's getting dark and it's almost dinner. Then we have Capture the Flag this weekend!" Kaiden wickedly smiled. The Gray siblings were practically pros at the game, whereas Ivy didn't have much of a place. She had powers that were useful to the game, but she'd always been afraid of hurting one of the other campers. Magic could be unpredictable, and dangerous if used improperly.

Kali returned the smile, taking his hand and pulling herself up. They lifted Ivy up next and jogged towards the Mess Hall. The three claimed their seats just as campers started filling out the benches. Ivy had Roswell, who'd reappeared as they'd arrived take up the spot next to her. Ivy searched the crowd until she caught a glimpse of Percy. "Percy! Over here!" She waved to him. He looked suprised, but he quickly made his way to the bench.

Roswell moved off the bench and Percy sat down. "Thanks." He smiled gratefully. "Of course. I want you to meet my friends and siblings." Ivy grinned. "This is Kali and Kaiden." The two siblings waved and Kaiden gave a warm smile. "These are my half siblings, Lou Ellen, Alabaster, Joan, Marlene, Noa, Silas, Rowan and Carren." the named children of Hecate said various forms of greeting, giving small waves or half smiles.

     "Hi." Percy quietly said, a nervous smile pulling the corners of his mouth. He gazed around the pavillion, cowering slightly at the sight of Clarisse sitting with her siblings. "Don't worry, she won't bother you if you stick with us. Clarisse likes revenge, but she likes her cabin mates not being turned into gerbils more." Ivy glanced at her siblings with a knowing look, and they all grinned at the memory. "Besides, they like Kals and Kai." she shrugged.