#38 He doesn't approve of your outfit

Liam (age 15):

"You are not going out in that!" Liam yelled calmly from the living room as you walked past him. You froze, turning to face him. "You don't decide that," you sassed. Liam rose from the couch, and raised an eyebrow. "When I'm the only one home I do," he said. You groaned. "Why not Li?" you asked annoyed. "Quit the attitude. You're not going out like that because I say so." You sighed. "I'm sorry Li," you mumbled ashamed, your gaze falling to the floor. Suddenly, Liam's arms were around you. "It's okay honey. I know I'm overreacting a bit, but if you go out like that, all the boys will stare at you. And you are not getting a boyfriend yet. I want to be the great man in your life for a little while longer." You laughed into his chest, nuzzling your head further into the soft fabric of his shirt. "Don't worry Li. You will always be the best in my eyes." You could feel Liam rumble with laughter. "Someone's cheesy today." You scoffed. "As if I'm the cheesy one." Liam laughed again, pulling back. "You want me to give you a ride?" You nodded gratefully, going upstairs to change first.

Louis (age 16):

"See you later Lou!" you yelled, pulling on your coat. "Where are you going?" he asked confused, coming to stand in front of you. "It's Leah's birthday. I'm on my way to her house to celebrate," you said with a smile. Louis gave you a skeptic look. "In that outfit? I don't think so." Your jaw dropped in shock. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" you asked. "Everything! There's barely any fabric on your body!" Louis exclaimed. You rolled your eyes. "Lou, calm down. It's a girls night. Which means no boys." Louis let out an annoyed sigh. "So? You still need to wear more clothes." You threw your hands in the air, stomping past him up to your room. You changed to some better clothes, and went to find Louis again. "Better?" you asked, actually feeling more comfortable, but you would never admit that. Louis looked at you, nodding with a smile. "Yes. Thank you," he said. Just before you exited the house, Louis shouted. "I know you like wearing that more!" You groaned, but you couldn't help but smile. "Yes!" you yelled back. You could easily hear Louis' laugh bounce through the house. "The brother always knows best." You didn't give him an answer. You rolled your eyes, and then you were off to Leah's house.

Harry (age 17):

"HARRY?!" you yelled. "YES?!" was the response. You laughed. "WHERE ARE YOU?!" You could hear Harry laugh as well. "IN MY ROOM. JUST COME UP!" When you entered Harry's room, he was facing his computer, back to you. "What's up sis?" he asked, clearly focusing more on the screen than you. "Can you drive me to Devin's house?" Devin was your boyfriend, and he was holding a small party to celebrate Christmas. "Sure thing," Harry said, turning around. You smiled, thanking him. "But you're not going in that," Harry said sternly. Your smile dropped, and you gave him a confused look. "Why not?" you asked. "Because, you're showing too much skin," he said calmly. You groaned. "Harry! Why does it matter? My boyfriend is going to be there, and it's not like he's going to jump me because he can see my shoulders!" you exclaimed. "Will you just please go change? It'll give me some peace," Harry almost pleaded. "Sure," you sighed, deciding you didn't want to fight with Harry in the short time he was home. "Thank you sis. I'll be waiting in the car." Harry kissed your forehead, and then left the room. You changed, and finally left the house.

Zayn (age 14):

You sighed, trying to pull on the miniskirt so it would cover more of your skin. You were going to a party at the school with your friends, but they said they wouldn't go with you, if you didn't wear what they told you to. Not wanting to be left out, you agreed. But now, you really wished you hadn't. They had made you wear a crop top, you know, one of those who only covers half of your upper body, a miniskirt and heels. Zayn was going to drive you, so he was already standing at the front door when you walked down the stairs. "What in the world are you wearing?" Zayn said, anger in his voice. "Clothes," you said, gaze directed on your shoes, and tears welling up in your eyes. "Why are you wearing that?" Zayn asked, annoyed by your answer. A sob escaped your lips, and Zayn immediately ran to hug you. "What's going on?" he whispered in your ear. "The girls in my class said I couldn't be seen around them unless I wore this," you whimpered. Zayn stroked your back. "Then they're not real friends. You shouldn't wear this! How about you stay here with me, and we see a movie instead?" You nodded, grateful no one had to see you in this.

Niall (age 16):

You were accompanying Niall to an award-show. He didn't have a date, and seeing as all the others had, he thought he would bring you. You gladly accepted, and now you were applying the last of your makeup before you had to leave. Well, you were ready an hour before you had to, but you preferred knowing you were ready. That ended up being a good thing. Niall knocked on the door to your room. "Come in!" you yelled. You couldn't see Niall, but you could hear him flop down on your bed. "What's up?" you asked, walking out of the bathroom. Niall was just about to answer, but then he caught sight of you, and he flew up from the bed. "You are not wearing that," he exclaimed. "What? What's wrong with my dress?" you asked annoyed. "It's too short!" You rolled your eyes, heaving a sigh. "Niall, just above the knee is not short. Take a look when we arrive. My dress is considered long," you told him with a raised eyebrow. Niall clenched and then un clenched his fists. "Maybe, but that doesn't mean you can wear short dresses!" You went to him, and pulled him into a hug, hoping to calm him down. "That's why I'm not doing it," you said. "Okay. But just this one time!" You laughed, but nodded anyways.