First Date

Edgar POV
"Wow, that's great!" Leon and I cheered for Fang and Janet.

"Yeah, I know! She's moving in next Wednesday! We're beginning to do preparations. Meanwhile, Bonnie will stay by herself now. She's happy, though!" Fang said ecstatically.

"Speaking of preparations, I need your help to prepare for the date with Colette, Leon! This may very well be my only chance—I don't wanna screw it up!" Edgar frantically told Leon.

Five days later...
It's Wednesday! The day that Janet moves in with Fang...they must be so excited!:) But it's also my date with Colette...I'm so nervous!!! I just really hope it will go well...let me get changed...I thought as I scrambled to the bathroom to take a nice, cold shower.

Meanwhile...

Fang POV
It was time to help Janet move in! I had just drove my car to Janet's house, ready to help her begin to shift her stuff. The moment I rang the doorbell, the door slammed wide open and Janet stepped out, kissing me on my cheeks. Even after two months of dating Janet, I still blushed at her kiss, then ran my fingers through her sweet-smelling hair and returned the kiss. Each kiss reminded me of my ex-girlfriend, Anna. We had broken up on rather bad terms. The last words she had said to me were, "One day, I'll have my revenge."

It had been four years and nothing bad had happened. So I wasn't worried—not even the slightest bit.

"Fang, could you help Bonnie and I move the boxes?" Janet's voice brought me back to reality and I mumbled, "Oh yeah, right, of course!" I quickly grabbed the boxes in Janet and Bonnie's hands and started loading them into the back of my car, feeling a rush of excitement as I thought: Janet and I are moving in together now...it will be wonderful to make up every morning and see her! I can't believe it...my longtime crush and I are finally in a serious relationship! Wow...

Janet POV
As I passed the boxes over to Fang, I could barely contain my excitement. I was finally moving in with the boyfriend if my dreams! I still couldn't believe I was dating Fang, the most handsome and strong teenage male in all of Brawltopia... and I was lucky enough to be his girlfriend! Janet, one point! I thought.

Back at Edgar's house...
Edgar POV
"Yeah, this tuxedo looks great on you! Cool and stylish—Colette will fall head over heels in love with you!" Leon exclaimed.

I adjusted my tie in the mirror and thought: Well, I guess I look kinda cool...Leon sure does have good eyes!

"Ok, you should go for your date with Colette now!" Leon's voice pierced through my thoughts.

As we left my house, Leon proceeded to Jessie's house and said teasingly, "Remember, you owe me one! Someday, I'm going to need advice on how to impress Jessie."

I smirked and drove to Sakura Spike's. It was the most romantic restaurant in town. Plus, Janet convinced Fang to go out with her there, so hopefully some of her mojo would rub off on me and help convince Colette to be my girlfriend. Not that I actually believed in mojo, of course.

But when I reached Sakura Spike's, all my thoughts evaporated into thin air as I saw an achingly familiar figure sitting at the table in the corner.

"Hi Colette!" I greeted her, sitting down.