December 21st to 25th

I'm so sorry this took me so long to post! The holidays were really hard for me this year, and I wasn't in a good place to write.

I know I still owe you the new part of Christmas Lights and I'm definitely starting with that one this week.

I know I'm way behind schedule here, but things didn't go as planned. I'm sorry!

I love you all, hope you had had a wonderful Christmas and New year!

Mag 🦋

Part Three.

December 21st.

I heard his voice coming from the kitchen as I stumbled down the stairs.
For once, I decided not to even acknowledge him. I'd decided last night that I couldn't let him get under my skin anymore, not if it'll inevitably leave both of us wanting more.

After these past nights we spent together, everything seemed to be dragging me towards him more and more. My mind kept spinning, the memories kept coming back, haunting me.

But I couldn't. He knew it.
I knew it.

And I wasn't going to play his game anymore. He could throw his gifts down the toilet for all I cared.

So I ignored his voice like a pro, not taking even a glance in his direction just walking past the kitchen and straight to the door, slipping my snow boots on and with every intention to get out of the house without going noticed.

But then, another voice reverberated in the hallway. A big, loud, female laugh.
One I hadn't heard in a really long time.

I turned around, seeing a very smiley and happy Louis seated on top of the kitchen island, his feet hanging and kicking happily as he sipped on his mug. And there, right next to him and also seated on top of the counter, my sister.

"Baby brother!"

"Oh. Uhm, hi." - I chuckled, staying still by the entrance door and giving her a swift nod as a greeting, wanting to keep my distance from Louis. - "Didn't know you were getting here today."

"Come hug me, you prick." - She laughed, jumping off of the kitchen island and moving towards me.

Louis stayed on the counter, a happy smile plastered on his face as he saw Gemma wrapping her arms around me.
I hugged her back.

"I'm just on my way out to Tina's. Want to come and catch up?" - I asked her low enough so Louis wouldn't hear.

"No, you're not leaving. You can perfectly drink coffee here. I'm catching up with Louis anyways."

"Yeah, no thank you." - I mumbled. - "We'll catch up once I'm back, then."

Gemma frowned, letting go of me.
I sent her an apologizing smile and finished readying myself with gloves, beanie and winter jacket, not even sparing a glance or a goodbye to Louis.

"Harry, wait." - I heard Louis say, followed by a thud that indicated him jumping off the island.

I shook my head, sliding my sunglasses under the beanie and grabbing my car keys.

"Harry, babe. Please." - Louis mumbled, reaching to grab my wrist and turning me around.

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.