S1Ep2: The Creeping Creatures

Late at night, the family's sedan rolled into the deserted town of Gatorsburg, its headlights casting an eerie glow on a weathered sign that read "Welcome To Gatorsburg." The family, bewildered by the desolate scene, couldn't help but question their surroundings.

"Are you sure this is New York City?" the wife asked, peering out at the dilapidated buildings.

"Absolutely," the husband replied, trying to sound confident. "In fact, I think that street over there is Broadway."

As they pulled into the rundown Gatorsburg Gas station, the husband sighed and stepped out of the car. "Hello? Anybody there?" he called out, his voice echoing in the stillness of the night.

Unbeknownst to him, the family's dog, Puddles, darted out of the open car door, prompting the daughter to follow. Puddles froze near some overgrown grass, growling at a hidden presence within. Meanwhile, the husband struggled to figure out how to operate the ancient gas pump.

As Puddles bounded into the overgrown grass, the daughter instinctively reached in to retrieve him. Her hand brushed against something sticky, and a pair of red eyes gleamed in the darkness.

"Gator man!" she screamed, yanking her hand back and sprinting back to the safety of the car.

"Sweety, there's no such thing as-" the husband began, but before he could finish, the Gator man lunged out of the shadows with a menacing snarl. "Gator man!" the husband shouted, scrambling into the car as two more gator-like creatures appeared.

With a surge of adrenaline, the husband floored the gas pedal, the tires screeching as the car tore out of the gas station. They only paused long enough for Puddles to leap into the back seat before speeding away, leaving the mysterious attackers behind.

Ethan POV:

I found myself in the living room with the rest of the gang. Fred had officially invited me to join their mystery-solving group, and I gladly accepted. It was a good opportunity to reconnect with Fred, as our brotherly bond needed some attention.

Outside, the rain poured heavily, punctuated by subtle flashes of lightning. I paid it no mind as I headed to the kitchen to make some tea. While waiting for the water to boil, Velma joined me.

"Hey, geek," I teased, stifling a yawn born from the dullness of the day.

"I'm not a geek. I'm just more knowledgeable than everyone else," Velma shot back, opening the fridge to grab a drink. "I know I'm smarter than you," she taunted, a smirk playing on her lips.

"Is that so?" I replied, preparing my cup of tea. "Well, if you were truly smarter, you'd be better at keeping your secret relationship with Shaggy under wraps," I added with a wink before strolling back into the living room.

After an hour or two of mind-numbing boredom, I found myself flipping through the pages of a book. Velma, clearly feeling the same, spoke up.

"I am so bored. We haven't had a good mystery in I don't know when," she complained.

Daphne let out a loud sigh. "I think I've read every magazine in the house," she lamented, then noticed a magazine stuffed in the couch. "What's that?" she asked, reaching for it.

Fred, noticing her movement, jumped up, trying to prevent Daphne from finding it, but she managed to snatch it away from him as he tumbled over the couch.

"'Traps Illustrated," Daphne read aloud, her face contorting in disgust. "Freddy!"

"I, uh, I read it for the articles," Fred stammered, taking the magazine with a guilty and embarrassed expression on his face.