Saviors and Sand Dollars

Brock could barely hear over the roar of the storm, but he determinedly kept moving on. The hurricane had hit them about an hour before, and Brock, Tyler, Jon and Chrissy had all been called forward to do some extra securing.

"Chrissy, help Jon! That rope is coming loose!" Brock yelled, pointing at a pallet of pipes as he helped Tyler pull a rope that was meant to secure the levers to the drill. Chrissy sprinted over, grabbing the rope next to Jon and pulling hard.

"Brock watch out!" Tyler yelled, shoving him aside. Brock landed hard but looked up to see a knotted rope flying by where he'd been standing, him gritting his teeth and getting back up.

They timed their pulls with the gusts of wind, able to be seen by the water rushing around the ship. "Now!" Brock yelled over and over, hair plastered to his face as he tried to get a solid grip on the rope with his wet working gloves.

Finally they were able to secure the rope again, tying it down with an expert knot before running to help Chrissy and Jon with the pallets.

A flash of lightning lit the area a moment, the four ducking down as it struck the lightning rod on the peak of the oil rig. "We gotta hurry!" Brock demanded, pushing the pallet to try and get it closer to the others so they could secure it all with tarp.

Brock fought with Tyler to hold the tarp in place, Chrissy and Jon rushing to tie it down. The tarp flung out and smacked Brock, the man flying back from the impact and sliding to the edge of the rig.

He quickly grabbed the railing, hauling himself back up and rushing back to finish helping. He could feel a burning sting on his cheek and figured he'd probably gotten a cut, but he could deal with that later.

Chrissy ran past him, hair flying everywhere as she quickly grabbed another rope and started winding it down to tie. Brock shoved the pallet again, the wind trying to push it back.

Another bolt of lightning hit the rod, the crash making Brock's ears ring. "Last one!" Jon yelled, pulling hard on the rope in his hands. Brock was out of breath, barely able to see and just prayed internally this would hold fast until the storm was over.

"Brock look out!" Tyler screamed, Brock looking over to see a pallet break loose and slide fast at him. He tried to jump out of the way, but his feet slipped at he hit the ground, the pallet ramming into him and shoving him over the edge of the rig.

"Brock!" He heard screamed as he fell, him taking a quick rapid breath just before he hit the water. He sank fast, but kicked hard to try to get back to the surface.

Just as he broke to the top and took a breath, a wave slammed into him and shoved him back down, Brock spiraling fast with the current.

Panic was filling him, his lungs bursting with the need to breathe. He couldn't see the way up for a moment, but a flash of lightning shone above the water and he rapidly swam towards it.

But another undercurrent yanked him just before he broke surface, shoving him back down. He slammed into a pillar, his breath rushing out and filling with water.

Just as his vision started going black, he felt arms wrap around him tightly. He was moved quickly through the waves and broke surface, Brock coughing and sputtering as water poured from his mouth and oxygen replaced it.

He looked hazily at his rescuer, frowning confused at the man with vivid blue eyes, messy brown hair and, scales around his eye?

"Who-" he rasped, coughing as the word scraped his throat from the sea water. They were moving fast through the waves, the water seemingly avoiding the two as the man grabbed Brock's waist and shoved him to the ladder.